Chapter #30

*PHILS POV*

There I sat.

In the bathtub crying my eyes out because of a phone call I had gotten only hours before.

Chris. My best friend Chris got into a car accident on his way home from the hospital.

He's gone. He's gone forever and I refuse to let anyone know how much I'm hurting. Dan thinks I'm fine which I'm not anywhere near.

I sobbed into my hands. I wanted to scream.

Hours later of crying, pulling at my hair and trying to scream but nothing coming out, I got out and got into some pjs.

I flopped onto my bed and cried into my pillow and started to scream.

"Phil?" I heard my name from the doorway and looked up to see Dan, my vision blurry from the tears that flooded my eyes. Dan looked at me with worry, it clouded his chocolate eyes. "Lion." He said and ran to my side, pulling me in close by my waist. I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed.

"I just wanna see him one last time." I choked. "I know, Phil."

"I didn't even get to give a proper goodbye!" My voice cracked and I held Dan closer.

Nothing but the sound of sobs filled the room.

"I'm sorry Phil." Dan said and made it so we were lying down. We were spooning and he was behind me, holding me close and running his long piano fingers through my jet black locks.

"I love you Dan." I sniffed and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I love you too. So, so much."

-

After a while my eyes started to get heavy and Dan had already gotten to sleep.

The phone rang when I finally fell asleep. I sighed and slipped out of Dans arms and picked up my phone.

"Agh..hello?" I mumbled. "Hey Phil!" Someone cheered on the other line. "W-who is this?" I asked and the line went dead.

Too sleepy to actually give two pieces of crap, I cuddled up to Dan's chest, falling into a peaceful sleep of dreams filled with lions and rainbows.