Chapter #29

*DANS POV*

I somehow managed to run back into the back room of the station and I found a phone and called Phil.

The coyotes banged on the door and I hide in the closest with the phone still in my hand when I hit something with my foot and I screamed bloody murder.

"WHAT THE SHHHHH-" I covered my mouth.

Two words.

Dead. Body.

I sobbed and tried to contain my screams as I tried to stay quiet so the wild animals wouldn't find me.

But then the closest door broke down.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???

The phone had gotten knocked out of my hand when a coyote came running to me and attacking me and I had to do some bad things to get him off me.

Which I'll never forgive myself for.

I bolted out of the door before any of the coyotes could catch me and ran outside and into the woods.

I ran and ran, not knowing where I am headed. I had no time to stop and cry or panic and just focused on getting away from that hell hole.

I don't think I've EVER ran that fast and I don't think I've ever been so terrified in my whole 19 years.

I ran and ran until I reached a road. It was deserted and I screamed for help when I heard a car in the distance and saw some headlights.

Once it got closer I flagged it down and Phil jumped out. My eyes widened and I leaped into his arms. "Oh my god Dan that the crap I was so worried, what happened oh my god oh my god you have cuts all over you!!"

I've never seen Phil so panicked.

"It's a really long story." I sobbed into the crook of his neck. "C'mon, let's get in the car." Phil said with me still in his arms. "You're limping." He stated. "I'll explain later." I said.

"This is my mum, Katherine." Phil introduced as we got settled in the back seat. "Hi." I said and cuddled closer to Phil.

"Now what happened to you?" He asked, pulling me in closer. "Okay I was driving and I stopped at a bridge and sat there for a while then I got back into my car and tried to go home but I must've taken a wrong turn because I ended up in the middle of nowhere and found myself at a gas station" I started to hyperventilate. "Shhh.. Shhhh, Dan it's okay." He comforted me. "Take your time." He said.

After I caught my breath I continued.

"I found myself at a deserted gas station and had no money and I had hardly any gas and I went into the gas station and asked if I could borrow some pennies for a pay phone from this one man who I assumed was the worker, and he asked if I had a car and gas and I said yes and he stole my car and left me alone!" I cried.

"Oh my gosh, what happened when you called me?" He asked, rubbing my shoulder. "Well... I was outside, and well you're not gonna believe me but a pack of coyotes came out of the woods and chased me and I got back into the station and they broke through the glass and I hide in a closet and found a phone but then..." I choked, "there was a dead body when I was trying to talk to you then a coyote broke into the closet and attacked me."

"Holy crap oh my god, a dead body!??" Phil jumped. "Yeah." I sobbed. "Okay, wow... Mum, let's go to the police station." He said as I cuddled closer.

Phil held me close, stroking my back and I fell asleep.

-

It has been three days since that whole crazy situation and I explained everything that happened and I keep getting questions from every person.

Almost every person on college campus has heard about what happened and it's stressful.

Someone started a rumor that I'm the one who killed the person I found in the closet, and some people are saying none of this even happened and I'm looking for attention.

Why do people think I make these things up? Now because of what has happened, I am having worse nightmares and I think they are thinking about putting me into a mental hospital.

I wish people would keep their noses in there own business. I'm still a bit scarred up from the stupid animals attacking me and I got so many shots and and check ups.

I'm honestly so surprised I still have blood from all these unneeded blood tests.

Police men have been taking to me left and right and I can't seem to get a break.

Phil has helped me a lot and I really appreciate him, but I still can't seem to get over what Chris had said... Sometimes I just want to leave Phil but...I just can't.