5.

In HM bedroom

HM : Aap bhi hume chor kar ja rahi hain???

KS: MS.. hum hain.. Hum yahi hain.. Uu.. bahut raat hogyi hai na.. Aur Pushpa jee bhi humara intejaar kar rahi hain.. Tohh..... Aapko kch bhi jarurat hoga to aap hume phone kar dena hum fauran aajayege.

HM: Hume akela chor ke mat jaye KS.. Hume... Hume..

HM finds it difficult to speak between her uncontrollable sobbing..

HM: Hume Ammi k begair sone ki adat nahi.. Unke bina ye ghar Hume kaatne ko daurta hai. Hume dar lagta hai..

HM hides her face in her palm in embarrassment and starts crying loudly like a child. It was not easy for a brave police officer like HM to confess to her subordinate that she was scared of being alone.

KS feels a sharp ache in her heart as if an arrow has pierced into her chest... She immediately rushes to HM and kneels down on the floor beside the bed sitting in front of HM, and holds HM wrists and pulls them back to reveal her face.. KS then wipes HM tears with both her hands and cups her face lovingly.. Looking into HM eyes she starts speaking.

KS: Hum kahi nahi ja rhe hai aapko chor kar .. Hum yahi hai aapke saath.. Aapke paas.. Aap.. aap chup ho jaye plj.. Aise roye mat.. Hum hai yhi.. Hum nhi ja rhe. Aap letiye..

KS makes HM  lie down  on the bed comfortably while KS herself remain seated on the ground next to HM bed..

HM holds KS both hands tightly

HM : Aap nahi jayegi na?

KS: Hum wada karte hai MS, hum aapko akela chor ke kabhi nahi jayege.. Aur ei toh aap janti hai ke KS apne wada ka kitna pakki hai.

HM feels content and safe, with a weak smile HM soon dozes off to sleep.

KS was extremely exhausted. She too has been tiring herself rushing to and fro since the day Ammi passed away. Arranging the funeral, Handling HM, and everyone else.. Managing the thana and the cases, doing her work along with HM work. Reporting to the HQ..

KS was doing everything single handedly.. Sometimes KS forgets that she too is a human being who can get tired, who can get emotional and who can break down.. She puts everyone else's needs before hers.. She does everything so self lessly.. And specially when it comes to HM, KS knows no boundations. KS can  do anything for her MS.

Slumber takes over and soon KS too falls asleep while still sitting on the ground holding HM hands.