18.

A/N: Things are goin to get a bit serious now.

And I have made this chapter lengthy as per one of my reader's request..

Plz Keep posting your comments and feedbacks. It really motivates me a lot.

Thank you all

🙏

-------------------------------------------------------

Another week passes by. KS is nowhere to be seen in the Thana. Neither does she goes to Singh house.

She just calls PS every night to inform her that she is ok and she is on night patrolling duty. KS doesn't really need to inform PS about herself, the real reason why she calls PS is that she is worried about PS.. She wants to be sure if PS has eaten or not, taken her meds or not..
And moreover through PS she gets the updates of MPT which includes knowing about the well being of HM

HM on the other hand has no clue of what is going on with KS.. Where is She.. How is she.. HM is losing her mind now. She is badly craving for KS.. Her gentle touch, her soothing voice, her softness and her care..

Only HM has seen this caring and nurturing side of KS, and PS to some extent.. For the rest of the world KS is a heartless statue of bhaukal devi. But HM knows that KS has a big and selfless heart.. And HM hopes and prays that somewhere deep down in KS heart there is atleast a small little place for HM.

HM condition is like that of a drug addict from whom all the drugs have been snactched away.. Only in this Case KS is HM drug on which she depends for her life..

HM is sitting on her bed holding her head in her hands running her fingers through her hair like a crazy person..Her cheeks are tear stained.. She has spent many such sleepless nights crying and waling for KS. And all these thoughts are running through her mind.

HM to herself: Kya kare hum.. Pushpa ji se bhi nhi puch skte.. Itni raat hogyi hai.. Wo so gyin hongi.. Aur agr abhi is wakt humne unhe call kr ke KS ke bare me pucha, to pata nhi wo kya sochengi..
Nhi. Ye nhi nhi kr skte hum.

She closes her eyes to think of some other way and KS face flashes in front of her.. She immediately opens her eyes. This seperation and distance from KS which has developed in the past 2 weeks was kiling HM. She was yearning for KS

Ya Khuda hum kya kare... aise toh hum pagal ho jayege..

She then picks up her phone and calls DSP sir. He picks up after a few rings.

DSP: Hello

HM not speaking

DSP: Kya baat hai HM. Phone kia hai toh kch bol ye bhi..

Still no response

DSP: Pehle baar hume ye kehna parh raha hai ki hum 'nahi' jante.. Apne itni raat me hume q call kia hai Miss Malik? Sab thik toh hain na? Aap thik toh hain?

Hearing the caring tone in DSP sir's voice HM gains a little confidence to speak up.

HM: Jai hind Sir

DSP: Jai Hind

HM: Maaf kijyega sir, itni raat me aapko disturb kia.

DSP: koi baat nahi Miss Malik. Bataye hum aapki kya seva kar skte hai

HM : Sir wo bas hume itna janna tha k KS iswakt kaha duty pe tainaat hai

DSP: Acha KS.. Woh tooh.. Ek min.. Apko iswakt KS k bare me q janna hai

HM doesn't know what to say.. She gets v nervous and out of nervousness she blurts out whatever comes to her head first.

HM: wo. Wo.. Sir wo.. Hume anxiety problem ho rhi ha na kch dino se.. Toh wo KS ke pass humara prescription reh gya tha aur wo aaj dawai lekr aane wali thin, lekin pata nhi kaha reh gyin aur unka phone v nhi lag rha