70.

HM's police van with the siren on comes to a sudden halt in the middle of the Gomti Bridge on the right side of the road, with screeching sounds of the tyre.

[A/N : I don't know how big the actual Gomti Bridge is, I'm imagining it to be as huge as the Kolkata's Howrah Bridge.. Aap sab bhi imagine karlo plz 🙏]

The red and blue light of her van piercing through the darkness of the night and siren hooting above all other sounds.

HM hurriedly steps out of her van and shuts the door behind her..

HM in her full power and authority mode, lifts her left hand up, gracefully stretching it on her left side with a flat open palm and within seconds all the vehicles come to a halt.. She ran across the road in one swift move.. Open jacket edges flying in the air..

She reaches the opposite side where she had spotted 2 constables standing against another police van..

Two constables were standing near the open gate of the van.. Drinking tea and softly chatting.. The red light on the van of the roof was bilnking brightly in the darkness of the night without siren .. The weather was cold and brutal ..

HM rubbed her palm over the sleeves of her jacket on the opposite hands..

HM: Kaha hai Karishma Singh..?

She scanned around but couldn't find KS..

Both Constables: Jai Hind Madam..!

HM: Jai Hind..!

Champak: Madam.. Waha.. Udhar kone me..

HM carefully looked again.. And as the red light fell on KS, HM couldn't believe her eyes ..

KS was in her uniform that was dirty and soiled and a black jacket.. Sitting on the pavement, hugging her knees, head lowered down on her knees resting above her hands..
Her body was shaking and her legs were trembling as she was silently sobbing.

As HM stepped closer to KS she could hear her silent sobs and hiccups..

HM slowly bent down and gently touched KS both arms..

KS shook at the sudden touch.. KS was not expecting HM.. She lifted her head and found the face in front of her which she had been dying to see..

KS: Madam Sir..!!

KS couldn't control her emotions.. She stood up and impulsively hugged HM tightly. She hugged her so hard that HM steps moved backwards automatically..

HM: KS.. Ssshh.. Sssh.. Shant.. Shant ho jaiye..

HM tried to break the hug and step back, being aware of the presence of other people around and the fact that they both were in uniform and on duty...

KS was sobbing uncontrollably.. She held HM jacket collar and pulled her close.. She then hid her face in HM chest.. And continued crying as if the world was about to end..

HM patted her back trying to console her but no use..

HM turned her head and saw the two constables and few other common people staring at them in confusion..

HM once again tried to break the hug.. But KS again held her collar and lifted her head to look into HM eyes..

KS: Nahi MS.. Humse dur mat jaye... Hum se dur mat jaiye MS hum mar jayege..

She said in between uncontrollable sobs and hiccups..

She again hid her face deep in HM chest.. HM could feel the flood of tears wetting her shirt along with KS cold breath that came out short and jaggered, non periodically
accompanied by strong hiccups..