95.

Santu gently knocks at the gym door.. Only to receive no response from HM. She slowly steps in as she sees HM facing the window..

Santu realized that HM was talking over the phone when she stepped towards her.. But it was already too late to step back. Santu unintentionally... accidentally.. overhears one side of the conversation.

HM: Jaan.. Hume Maaf kar dijye..

Short pause..

HM: Lekin galti humari hain na.. Humaari waja se aapko chot lagi.

Short pause..

Meanwhile Santu who knows that she should and also wants to - walk out or atleast let HM know that she is standing right there and unintentionally eavesdropping, just stood there..

Santu is now rather interested to hear more.. To know more.. Her mind and ethics are telling her to step back ... but her gut.... her stubborn gut is pushing her steps forward, carrying her closer to HM.. Almost leaning into HM with her pointed ears getting pointier..

And thanks to the excuse of an envelope in her hand, she will not even have to say that she was just checking the oiling of the door..

And she did knock twice before entering, so technically it was not her fault. Atleast that is what Santu thought in her head..

Santu in her head: aur kise chot laga kar aayin hain aaj Maddam Sir..? 🤔 Aur 1 min ye inte pyar se kis se baat kar rahi hain. 🧐 Jaan And all.. Hunh.. Kya baat hai Maddam Sir...

She raises her brow and twists her lips in amusement..

HM: Aap bhi toh maafi mangti hain na..

Another quick Pause..

Santu struggles to hear the voice on the other side of the phone..

HM: Aap kyun chali gayin duty pe..?

Santu in her head: duty pe.. ? Matlab police wala.. Naaah.. Koi watchman bhi toh ho sakta hai.. Maddam Sir ki choice ka koi bharosa nahi...

HM: aap kaha hain?? Hum aapko lene arhe hai abhi..

Too short a pause

HM: That's an order!

Santu in her head: arey baap re.. Yaha bhi order jhaar rahi hain..

HM: ji...

HM was about to hang up but then the universe had something else in hold .. And HM felt a sudden urge to confess something that was already quite evident..

HM: Karishma Singh.. Suniye.. I love you meri jaan..!!
HM Kisses through the phone with a subtle soft kissing sound..

This was so not HM's style.. Saying I love yous and giving kisses through phone. But she couldn't help stop herself.. She had been very sensitive and vulnerable the whole day with all the worries and guilt of actually physically causing hurt to Karishma..

Santu's eyes open wide... 😳 Almost popping out of their sockets.. 👁👁 She gulps nothing but air down her throat with great difficulty.. All the words in the last statement from HM, were running in Santu's head in a random order... Something in her same gut which made her stand there and eavesdrop a moment ago, was now telling her to just disappear from there that very moment.. and she did.. She vanished like thin air while HM was still on the phone, blushing with KS's naughty response from the other side of the phone which only HM heard.

Santu walks out to the open central room gasping for air.. Fanning herself with the envelope in her hand..

PS: arey kya hua?? Saans kyun phul rahi hai tumhari.. Aur lifafa dia kyun nahi tumne Maddam Sir ko..