100.

It was around 7 o'clock in the evening, and HM had just returned to the thana after a grueling investigation with the ACP and other senior officers into the case of the missing orphan child. The reports from experts painted a grim picture—it wasn't just a simple kidnapping for ransom; it was connected to the sinister world of child trafficking. This revelation had shaken HM to her core, as the thought of innocent children being exploited tore at her heart.

Despite her professional demeanor, HM couldn't shake off the personal distress this case brought her. She knew the importance of every moment in finding these missing children and bringing the perpetrators to justice.

But amidst the chaos of the investigation, HM's thoughts kept drifting back to KS. She longed for KS's support and involvement in the case, despite having ordered her to stay away from it earlier.

HM was well aware of KS's deep knowledge of the city and its criminal underworld, understanding that her insights could be invaluable in solving the mystery.

However, HM also knew that KS was going through her own turmoil. The urgency to meet her, to ensure she was okay, gnawed at HM's conscience. She needed to see KS, to comfort her, to make sure she wasn't hurting amidst the weight of their shared troubles.

Feeling the urgency like a fire in her veins, HM quickly retrieved her phone from her pant pocket. She dialed KS's number, her heart racing with a mix of worry and longing. All she wanted was to hear KS's voice, to feel the connection between them, even if just for a moment.

But she was interrupted by Ss who stood at her cabin door..

Ss: MS.. May I come in..?

HM: ji SS aaiye.. Kahiye kya update hai.. ??

Ss: wo Pushpee aur Karishma madam..

She was cut by HM curtly.

HM: Ss.. Hum thana ke update ke bare me puch rhe hain.. Koi naya case? Koi FIR? Koi news? Anything important that I should know??

Ss: No MS.. Nothing new..

HM: Ok.. Thank you.. Aap..

Before she could finish SS handed an envelope to her.

HM: Ye kya hai..

Ss: Pata nhi MS. Ye Pji ne kal dia tha mujhe aapko dene k lie but sorry main bhul gyi..

HM: Koi baat nhi.. Laiye dijye aur Pji ko bhejiye.

Ss: MS.. Wo.. Wo..

HM: Kya hua Santosh Sharma? Hume aur bhi kaam hai.. Jaldi boliye aur jake Pji ko bulaiye..

Ss: MS. Whi keh rahi hun.. Ke Pji nhi ayengi..

HM: Kya matlab nahi ayegin??

Ss is scared yet she somehow mustered some courage to speak up.

Ss: Wo unhone ne mujhe officially order dia hai ki Agr aapko yani MS ko unse yani Pji se koi v kaam hai toh main bich me as nediator rahu .. Wo yaha aapke cabin me nhi aana chati hain..

HM: Arey ye kya baat hui.. ?

HM was not shocked but certainly disappointed hearing this.

Ss: In fact wo aapke samne bhi nhi ana chahti hain..

For a moment HM pauses and thinks. HM tries to put herself in Pji's shoes and tries to understand her dilemma..

HM: Thik hai. Unse puchye ye envelope kisne dia h kaha se aya hai..

Ss: ji wo unhone already bata dia h ke ye K madam ne kal dia tha aur kaha tha urgently aapko dena h.. But sorry again..

HM: it's ok.. Aap ja sakti hain..