9.

Next Morning

HM wakes up and opens her eyes only to find herself in a very unexpected position.. Sleeping with KS, rather sleeping on top of KS.

KS is laying flat on her back , while HM is completely on top of KS. HM face is resting on KS shoulder HM lifts her head and sees that her one hand is wrapped across KS shoulder and neck while her other hand is clutching KS waist. While KS both hands were laying flat on the bed. HM tries to get up but find her legs entangled with KS legs. HM is shocked to find herself like this. She immediately jumps up and springs out of the bed.

The sudden jerk wakes KS. She instantly sits up looking at HM in astonishment.

KS : Ka .. Kaa hua MS.. Aap thik toh hain..?

HM was a little embarrassed and was looking here and there, trying to avoid looking at KS

KS: MS.. Aap kch dhund rahi hai? Ka chahye aapko hume bataye.

HM: (clearing her throat)  ugh..  Nahi.. Kch nhi.. Kafi der hogyi hai KS.. Hume thane jana hai..
Mere khayal se ab aapko bhi nikalna chahye.

KS: Jee MS.. Hum chalte hai.. Aap dhyan se aayega.. Milte hain fir thane me.. Jai Hind..

HM: Jai Hind

-------------------------------------------------------

At MPT

Everyone is busy doing there work.. The environment of thana has changed a little after Ammi's demise.. They do less bakaiti and more work.. And everyone is worried about HM and they all keep planning how to cheer her up and distract her from her sorrows.

They keep doing something funny to make HM laugh.. Billu, Iqbal (Biryani wala) and Badnaam (Chai wala) fake fight in front of HM to keep her busy and distracted.

Santu keeps talking to HM about her quarter ka nall that leaks constantly and the door that makes a creaking sound. She complains to HM that no carpenter ever has been able to fix that door. Santu's innocence and cuteness make HM smile sometimes.

Cheetah too takes care of HM and is always with her when ever KS is not in the thana.. Pushpa jee too spends her free time with HM talking to her casually about random things.

KS mostly keeps busy during the day time.. She is mostly on field duty and investigating Ammi's case.

And at night she would first go to Singh house.. Get fresh.. Change.. And then take the food cooked by Pushpa jee and go to HM house amd spends the night there.. She still sleeps in HM room.

Like this time flew and a couple of months passed.. HM is now getting back to her better self. HM has not recovered fully from her mental trauma yet. As sometimes she still have those night mares.. But she is a lot better than before. Some nights are smooth while some nights are v long and difficult, when she wakes up in the middle of her night mare..

HM would request KS to sleep with her on the bed. And KS Would humbly oblige to her. It seemed like HM had developed a habbit of sleeping while holding KS hands. KS was like a medicine to her. Without KS, HM was unable to sleep peacefully.

-------------------------------------------------------

Few days later at the HQ in DSP sir's cabin

KS: Jai Hind Sir

DSP: Jai Hind. Bataye KS kya update hai

KS: Sir humne pata lagaya hai ki ammi ki maut natural nhi thi. Unki postmortem report se pata chala hai ki mahino pehle unhe ek slow poison dia gya tha. Jo dhere dhere unhe andar se kamzor aur unke sharir ko khokla kar raha tha.