20.

It was nearing Dawn and the sky had dull crimson hue..

KS stopped her bike outside Singh house.. She quitely enters the house and goes to her room without disturbing PS sleep.

She stands in front of the mirror and looks at her own image.. For a moment she recalls what happened at HM house a while ago.. Her eyes get teary.. She is angry on herself for causing so much pain to HM.. HM's pleading and crying face keeps flashing infront of KS eyes.. She shakes off the thought of HM and pulls her jacket off her body.. She starts unbuttoning her shirt when her eyes fall on her waist and she immediately shuts her eyes in annoyance.

KS: Ama bhhakk.. Cap belt revolver sab kch MS ke ghar pe bhul aye..

She lowers her forehead in her palm and nods in disappointment.

KS: Cap aur belt toh extra hai humare pass lekin gun ka kaa kare.. Uu toh ek hi hai..

She bites her nails while walking to and fro in her bedroom..

KS: Abhi sojate h thori der... Humare pas abhi 3 ghante hain duty jane k pehle.. MS ke uthne k pehle jakr lelenge.. Unke ghar ki chabi toh hai hi humare pas.
Hey Shiv jee! Jitna hum unse dur rehne ki kosish krte hai utna hi hume bar bar unke samne jana parta h.. Kis jhanjhaal me phas gaye hain hum..

She then stops thinking about everything, and goes to the bathroom to take a quick shower and retires to bed. KS was so tired that the moment her head touches the pillow she falls into a deep sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was post noon.. roughly around 1 pm.. KS phone was ringing at table on the side of her bed... The sound of the phone was causing a sharp ache in KS head.. She takes the pillow and puts it over her head..

Ringing stops.. It was pin drop silence. A min later KS shot her eyes open.. And jumps up and sits on the bed.. She looks around .. Her room was filled with bright day light. She grabs her phone and checks the time. 1:40 pm.

She smashes her head with her hand, a bit too hard.

KS: Suraj sar pe char chuka h aur hum ghore bech ke so rhe hain.. Ama bhak.. 8 baje hume DSP sir ke pass report krna tha.

She jumps out of bed and removes her pyjama quickly.. In a rush she grabs her uniform pants and starts pulling it up while half sitting half laying on the bed.

Her phone rings again. She stops midway. Pants stuck at the knees while she has her shorts on. She manages to pick up her phone from the table and presses it between her shoulder and cheek and continues struggling with her pant.

On the phone PS: uth gyin aap?

KS: Pushpa ji.. Aap kaha hain?

PS: hum thane me hain.. Aur kaha honge

KS: wah Pushpa ji wah.. Bohat badhiya.. Khud taiyar hoke thane bhi chali gyin aur aapne hume nind se jagana bhi zaruri nhi samjha

KS is done zipping up her pant.. She then pulls her tshirt off and out above her head while still somehow holding the phone between her sholder and cheek.

PS: aapne hume bataya tha ki aap ghar aachuki hain.. Hume kaisa pata chalega ki aap ghar pe hai.

KS while buttoning her uniform shirt

KS: nei matlab aapko pata hi nhi chala na.. Ki hum andar kamre me soye hue hain.. Itni nadaan mat baniye..

PS was about to say something but KS cuts her

KS: neiii.. Hum sab samjh rahe hain. Aap to yhi chahti thin ke hum wakt pe duty par na pohnche aur DSP Sir humari Line Hazir kar den

PS: Aapne toh humare munh ki baat cheen li.. Hume toh kabse intezar hai ki aapki bhi Line Haazri ho.
Hamesha hum pe dhauns jamati rehti hain na aap apne senior hone ka.. Hamesha dhamki deti rehti hain ke Line Hazir kar denge. Line Hazir kar denge.. Aaj pata chalega aapko.

KS while tugging her shirt inside her pant

KS: Aapko toh hum thane me aake batate hai rukye aap.. Rakhye avi phone...

She removes the phone from her shoulder and was about to disconnect but stops after hearing PS yelling through the phone

PS.. Rukiyeee.. Ama humari puri baat toh sun lijye

KS: Ka hai?

PS in a soft and caring tone switching to her Amma mode

PS: Hum aye the aapke kamre me aapko uthane k lie. Uthane ki kosish bhi ki. Lekin aap aise adhmare halat me pari thin.. Aap uthi hi nhi.. Humne kitni baar aapko awaz lagaya

KS too switching to her soft self and Karishma the "daughter of Pushpa Singh" mode

KS: toh hume hila kr utha dena tha na Amma. DSP Sir kitna gussa karenge aapko andaza bhi hai

PS: aapki halat dekh kar hume aap pe daya aagyi thi.. Hum laad me agaye aur socha aapko sone den. Kitne raton se aap soyin nhi, yha tak ghar bhi nhi ayin.

KS is now sitting at the edge of her bed

KS: Lekin amma...

PS: Aap DSP sir ki chinta mat kijye.. Humne unhe khabar kar dia hai. Aur unse guzarish ki hai aapki ek din ki chutti k lie.. Humne jab bataya unhe aapki halat aur kaha ke aapki tabiyat thori nasaaz hai toh wo maan gye aur aapko 1 din ki chutti bhi de di..

KS: Amma..

PS: Bass chup. ab koi behas nhi. Humne kitchen aapke lie aapki favorite palak paneer aur kheer bana kar rakhi hai.. Kha lijyega..

KS : Amma agr aap abhi humaye samne hoti na toh aapke gol gappe jaise gaalo pe ek pyari se puchchi dete hum..
KS kisses through the phone (loud kissing sound)

PS: Ha ha bas bas.. Zyada laad me mat aye.. Aapko chutti mili hai lekin hum abhi duty par hain.. Aur sunye.. Chutti mili hai to ghar pe baithye aram kar ye.. Bike leke nikal mat jaye kahi policia dhauns dikhane.

KS: thik hai Amma.. Hum ghar pe
rahenge aur aapka intezar karenge.

PS: hmm.. Rakte hain ab..

-------------------------------------------------------
An hour later

KS is sitting on the sofa in the living room of her house. She is still wearing her uniform. She has happily eaten the delicious food prepared by PS.. In fact she has overeaten. Now she is lazily scrolling through her phone.

She gets a notification from MS.

She opens it and reads it. It was a long message. KS was scared as she thought HM would have again accused her of something. But to her surprise she finds something else.

HM's message: Aap apni revolver cap aur belt humare ghar pe bhul ayin hain.. Humne socha thane aate wakt lekar ayen aur Pushpa ji ko deden.. Lekin fir khayal aya ki agar Pushpa ji ne humse sawal kar lia ki aapke chizen humare pas kaise ayin toh hum unhe kya jawab denge. Aur koi mamuli chiz toh nhi jo kch bhi bahana karden.. Aapki service revolver hai jiske bina aap ghar ke bahir kadam bhi nhi rakhti

Aur aise hi laaparwahi se kahi bhi rakh ke bhul jane wali chiz toh nhi.. Aur utni la parwah aap hain bhi nhi.. Toh Pushpa ji zarur humse ye sawal krtin ke aise bhi kya halaat then jo aap apni revolver humare pas bhul aayin.. Ya fir ye ke aap aadhi raat duty chor ke humare ghar pe kya kar rahin thin.

In sab sawalo ka jawab humare pas nhi h.. Qk Pushpa ji ko sach hum bata nhi skte aur Unse jhut humse kaha nhi jyga. Islye humne aapki chizen ghar pe hi rehne di... Aapko jab thik lage jakar le lijyega.. I'm sure humare ghar ke spare keys hain aapke pas av v.

Message Ends

KS switches the screen off and leans back on the sofa throwing her head backward and eyes shut.. She takes a few deep breaths..

-------------------------------------------------------

The two women not just have conflicting ideologies, but they also have extreme opposite behavior towards each other.

KS who is generally outraged for every little thing and roams around with anger bubbling through her veins, she is absolutely calm and composed and peaceful when alone with HM

HM on the other hand is mature, sensible and sensitive around people but she is a total chaos and an Emotional Mess when she is alone with KS.

Emotionally HM always dominates KS. KS is so much at peace when HM is with her that she just readily submits herself to cater  to HM emotional needs and wants.