49.

At HM house, late afternoon nearing sunset

KS is lazily sitting on the sofa, eyes glued to the tv screen in front of her.. HM is lying on the sofa with her head laid on KS lap. She too is facing the tv.. KS one hand is on the armrest holding the remote.. While she uses her other hand to play with HM hair.. HM is mindlessly drawing circles on KS knee with her index finger.. They both are watching a suspense thriller and are totally engrossed in it.. KS has a shawl wrapped over her shoulder while HM has another shawl covering her body from her shoulders to her toes..

KS phone that was stuck between the armrest and her thigh starts vibrating..

KS, leaves the remote and pulls out the phone.. Darling was displayed on the screen.. KS disconnects the call and puts the phone into her pocket.. The phone starts vibrating again.. KS now has an annoyed look on her face.. She puts the call on silent.. She looks down at HM who was still lost in the movie.. KS cannot get up as HM head is on her lap... KS lovingly smoothes her other hand over HM head, then forehead and then face.. As KS hand come close to HM mouth, she kisses KS fingers..

KS bends a little looking at HM while, HM eyes are still on the TV..

KS speaks v softly..

KS: Jaan...! humko ek phone call karna hai..

HM: Ha toh kar lijye..

KS gulps down..

KS: nahi.. matlab.. Uu.. humko andar kamre me jana hai..

HM turns her head and looks at KS

HM: Phone dikhaye..

KS: Jaan please...

HM: Humne aapse koi sawal nahi kia.. Humne bas itna kaha phone dikhaye..

KS brings the phone infront of HM face.. The moment HM sees the name on the screen, she sits up on the sofa... Her shawl slipping away from her body..

Without giving any reaction, HM sits quietly.. Looking at the tv screen..

KS looks at HM once, then gets up and walks into the guest room closing the door behind her..

HM turns her head in the direction of the room and just stares at the locked door with empty eyes..

HM turns back towards the TV, eyes once again glued to the screen, however, she is not really watching the movie any more.. She is lost in a deep thought.

-------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile inside the guest room KS over the phone

KS: tumko ek baar me samjhane se baat samajh me nahi aata hai??
Humne bar bar bola hai tumko ki jab humko thik lagega hum tumko khud phone kar lenge.. Tum humko phone nahi KAROGI...

A v strong and attractive female voice (FV) on the other side of the phone..

FV: Kya Darling.. Tu firse bharak rahi h.. Maine toh bas aise hi phone kia tha

KS: Dekho.. Sabse pehle to humko darling bolna band karo.

FV: Q..? Tu ne apne phone me mera number darling naam se save kia.. To maine kuch bola tujhe.. ? Ab main chahe tujhe kisi bhi naam se bulao..

KS: Bakwas band karo aur bako kahe phone kia hai

FV: Tera kaam hogya hai.. Tujhe jo chahiye tha wo mil gaya hai.. Ab bol kab arhai hai lene..?

KS: Thik hai.. Hum tumko jagah aur time bata denge.. Pohanch jana..

FV: Q.. Kahi aur Q.. Mere ghar pe Q nahi?