17.

A/N: This chapter talks about some new case in the thana.. After all Maddam Sir ki story hai toh sirf KarEena ka romance toh nhi chal sakta har wakt .. Thana hai toh thora kaam v karna parega.  Also it is important for the smooth flow of the story.. So I hope you will like this part as well.. And trust me towards the end of the chapter you will find some hilarious conversations which I'm sure you guys will enjoy.

Happy Reading

🙏

-------------------------------------------------------

5 days have passed since their last encounter when HM asked KS if she loved her... but KS walked away without answering.. And since then they have not spoken a word to each other.

KS keeps busy on field duty and at the HQ.. And to add to her already back breaking schedule, she gets an additional duty of night patrolling in the suburbs due to rising conflict between two opposing political parties.

HM had seen KS only twice in the past 5 days that too, for a just few seconds when she came to the thana to pick up some files.

HM was slowly breaking from within but she somhow managed to hold herself together for the sake of her duty.

HM too had been busy with PS solving a v peculiar case. In this an old couple demands for a grandchild from their son and daughter in law.. But when their demands are not fulfilled for a few years , they seek the help and intervention from MPT.

With her tajurba and jazbat, HM is successful in finding out the reason behind the refusal.. Why the old couple's son and daughter in law were refusing to have a child. HM finds out that they regularly visited an orphanage where they met a 2 year old girl.. Her name is Swati and this young couple fell in love with her and wanted to adopt her. But they were scared that their parents will not accept Swati for old school reasons of not knowing about the cast and creed etc.

With the help of PS counseling and some other tricks HM was able to convince the old couple that they should accept Swati as their granddaughter and should not pay heed to baseless things such as caste and creed. HM explained to them that it was not important that what their neighbors or relatives or society will think.. What matters is how much joy this child will bring to their family.. And how this orphan child will get loving parents and grandparents. Eventually they all understood and agreed.

HM was sitting in her cabin when the land phone rings..
She picks it up

HM: Hello... (After a pause..) Jee Mr. Desai bohat bohat Mubarak ho aapko.  (Another pause)
Jee zarur.  Hume behad khusi hogi aapki poti se milkar.. Zarur aye.. Hume intezar rhega..

HM hangs up the phone and then walks out of her cabin and informs everyone that Mr and Mrs Desai (the old couple) were coming to the thana.

Ss: Q MS.. Unka case toh solve hogya na.. Fir q arhe h wo?

HM: arey Santu wo itne khush hain, wo apni poti Swati ko hum sab se milane k lie lekar aarhe h..

PS: Arey wah ye toh bohat achi baat h.. Cheeteh jao.. Jaldi se bachi k lie kch chocolates aur balloons lekar aao..

HM: Arey bas bas Pushpa ji, wo log bas kch hi der k lie arhe h. 

PS: jo bhi ho MS.. Aapko toh pata hai hume bachche kitne pasand hain.

An hour later

Everyone is tired as they had been playing with Swati and running around with her in the entire haweli (as we all know MPT is established in Nawab Saabs Pushtaini Haweli)

Specially PS. She was the one who played the most with swati..

PS was sitting quietly after they couple had left with their granddaughter..