27.

A few hundred meters away fom the Head Quarters.. It was a lonely narrow street, with a strectch of barren land on either side of the street. Sounds of fast blowing wind and owl hooting at a distant were the only sounds that could be heard through the darkness.

KS was sitting on her bike. Her face lowered down and tightly covered by both her hands. Her shoulders were shaking as she was silently weeping terribly.. KS was broken.. She was torn between her duty and her love.. And so many other problems related to her broken marriage with Lalla, worries about Pushpa jee, the secret mission, Ammi's case and the murderers and to add to all of that DSP sir's scolding and HM accusations.

DSP Sir's harsh words and warnings were piercing through her ears again and again. They were pinching at her heart and she was imersed in guilt.. She knew she had made a mistake and had been careless. She was blaming herself for not being sincere with her duty. In her entire police career no one has ever scolded her like this.. In fact even in her personal life no one has ever raised their voice on her. She was literally cursing herself for neglecting her duty and for not being able to keep her personal and professional life seperate.

KS was heart broken.. She was ashamed of herself for not being able to keep up the honor of the uniform she was wearing. It was not true though. KS has always given priority to her duty and was v honest about her work. But in this moment she felt she was not able to do justice to the wardi she was given and that she did not deserve it.

Her sobs were getting uncontrollable. She needed someone to hold her and to prevent her from shattering. She needed someone with whom she could just be herself and forget the rest of the world and all it's worries. Someone who could give her peace and comfort. In that moment only one name came to her mind.

KS: Madam Sir!!
It came out as a weak whisper through her trembling lips.

She pulled out her phone and called MS

-------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at HM house

HM is standing near her small study table at the window of her bedroom. She is gazing at the night sky through the window while speaking over her official phone. She was talking to Nia and smiling lovingly.. She gets distracted by a soft but constant noise. She looks down at the table, it was her personal phone.. constantly vibrating, flashing KS name.

Using her free hand HM, without picking up the phone, disconnects KS call and locks the phone and turns it on the table.

She continues talking with Nia.

HM in a very warm tone

HM: thik hai bachche.. Hum khush hain ki aap ab bilkul thik hain. Lekin ab kafi raat hogyi hai. Aap befikr hokr so jaye.. Aur kal se man laga kar apni exams ki taiyari krna.. Aur koi bhi madad chahiye ho toh hume call krna.

Nia: jee maam.. Thank you thank you so much maam.

HM with a smile

HM: hmm.. Bas bas.. Aap hazar baar thank you keh chuki hai. Chalye ab so jaye.

Nia: Jee maam. Good night.

HM : Good night.

HM then puts the phone down on the table and picks up her personal phone.

HM was wearing a v elegant Kaftaan style night gown with her hair messeily tied into a high bun. and was ready to retire to bed. She moves towards her bed while checking her phone. She clicks it open and checks her call list. 5 missed calls from KS. HM raises one eyebrow at that.

HM lies down on the bed on her belly. Scrolling through her phone, checking for any notifications from KS. But none.. Only 5 missed calls just few minutes ago.