72.

It was nearing dawn, the wind got colder with each passing minute.. HM suddenly feels a shiver and she opens her eyes..

HM and KS had been sitting in the back seat of the police van the whole night..

KS was still in HM's lap.. Her head on HM shoulder and HM head on KS head.

HM had given her jacket to KS and now she was shivering from cold..

She lifted her head and looked at the peaceful face of KS.. HM suddenly has a flashback of KS howling and begging from last night.. HM closes her eyes and shakes that memory away..

HM affectionately strokes KS cheek and keeps looking at her for sometime.. HM then looked at the surrounding.. It was still dark.. She did not want to wake her sleeping baby, but staying in the van and sleeping uncomfortably would be stupid.. HM gently taps her fingers on KS face trying to wake her up.

HM: Karish.. Baby.. Uthye..

KS snuggles more and doesn't open her eyes..

HM: Jaan. Plz uthiye.. Aise raste me kabtak baithe rahenge humlog.. Ghar chaliye..

KS: Ghar..??
Almost a whisper

HM: Jee. Apne Ghar.. Humara Ghar.. Apka aur Humara..

KS finally lifts her face and looks at HM with love and gratitude.

HM cups her face v softly and kisses her lips very gently..

HM: Chalen..??

KS: jee.. (A single tear drops from her eyes)

HM takes her to the front and starts driving.. Through out the drive HM held KS hand and kept drawing soothing circles with her index finger at the back KS hand.

Author: Oh my God.. This is major Nostalgia... Remember Chapter 1..??Look how far we have come.. How situations have changed. How everything has changed.. But What is the same are these two people who deeply care for each other.. They cared even then when they were just friends and they care even today when they are lovers.

HM in her head to the author: Thanks Aisha, for not letting anything happen to my baby.. Much worse could have happened..

She imagines KS standing on the bridge railing.. And a sudden ache in her chest arrests her..

Author to HM: Relax Miss Mallik.. Your baby is fine now.. And im rooting for you two.. But promise me you will take care of her now.

HM to author: I will ... I will..

-------------------------------------------------------

At HM-KS house

As soon as they enter the house, HM lifts KS in her arms, bridal style and carries her to the bathroom of their bedroom..

Very gently and lovingly HM strips off all her clothes and makes her sit in the bath tub.. HM turns the gyser on and starts walking out the bathroom..

KS who couldn't bare the distance for even a minute calls out

KS: MS..?

HM: hum bas 2 min me aye.. Aapke lie fresh kapre lene ja rhe h room se.

KS: MS..

HM just smiles at her..
She then walks close to KS and gestures to her to stand up..

HM covers KS with her oversized bath robe which KS loved. HM then turns around and asks KS to hop on her back.
KS hops on wrapping her arms and legs around HM.

HM carries her and continues her work..

She walks out of the bathroom, coming to the wardrobe she pulls out some fresh and comfortable clothes for both of them and fresh clean towel..