73.

It was post noon when KS suddenly wakes up..

She wasn't feeling very well. Her head was dizzy and her heart was palpitating.. She was sweating but her hands and feet felt cold whereas her eyes were burning..

She tried to get up but HM's hand across her chest was holding her down.. She gently moved HM hand and then tried again.. Only to realize that it wasn't really HM 's hand but her own body weight that was holding her back..

She feels v uncomfortable and slightly turns toward HM lifting her head slightly.. Watching HM sleep peacefully she didn't feel like waking her up.. KS puts her head back on the pillow and closes her eyes..

She then remembers HM once told her : " kisi apne ki madad le lene se koi chota nhi ho jata", ( Reference - Chapter 13)

KS once again tries to turn her head but this time she felt like the entire room was spinning around. Without turning, she tightly grips HM arm..

HM wakes up..

HM: hhmmmmmhh. Uth gayin aap..

KS: MS ( in a v weak voice)

HM immediately gets up a little and looks at KS

HM: Karishma. Kya hua baby??

In a very rushed and worried tone she asked..

KS: Humara.. Humara sar ghum raha hai..

HM quickly cups KS face between her palm and immediately realizes that KS was burning up.

HM: Ya Allah..! Aapko toh bohat tez bukhaar hai..

KS: nahi.. Bas sar thora...

HM: chup rahiye.. Kuch mat boliye..

Aur uthne ki kosish bhi mat kijye..

Hum abhi aate hain..

KS: MS..
KS holds HM's wrist.

HM understood KS did not want her to leave..

HM: Jaan hum kahin nahi ja rahe.. Bas aapke lie kuch chizen lene ja rahe hain..

KS looks at her with such pleading eyes that melts HM's heart.

HM leans in and places a quick kiss on KS's lips..

HM: hum yun gaye.. Yun aye..
Ummah.. She makes the sound of a kiss and runs to the bathroom..

Meanwhile KS tries to sit up on the bed but fails.. Her body was too weak..

5 mins later HM appears out of the bathroom with a thermometer, a BP measuring device and a box of medicines.

HM: arey arey.. Mana kia tha na aapko uthne ke lie.. Fir Q zabardasti koshish kar rahin hain..

KS: MS uu.. Uu.

HM: munh band.. Aur lete rahiye

HM gets on the bed and sits beside KS..

She takes out the thermometer and says

HM: Munh kholye..

KS: Aap pehle decide kar lijye ke humko munh kholna hai ki bandh rakhna hai. Kabhi kuch kehti hain kabhi kuch..

HM: arey.. Thermometer laga na hai isiye keh rahe hain na..

She brings the thermometer close to KS mouth..

KS looks at it with disgust..

KS: uu digital wala nahi hai aapke pass.. Uu gun shape wala.. Jo haath me touch karne se kaam ho jata hai..