98.

A/N: Hello all

My Dear Readers , I don't know how to apologize for disappearing for so long....

I don't know how to express..

So I'm simply uploading the next chapter..

The next part of our story which I had left incomplete and untouched for months..

I hope you all will read it and respond to it..

If I get a positive response then I shall post more chapters and complete the story..

The story is actually complete in my head but it will take time to write and finish it..

If my readers want more, il be more than happy to write for them.

-------------------------------------------------------

It's 8:30 am at Singh's house, in KS's bedroom

KS is hurriedly putting on her uniform while calling out to PS

KS: Ammaaa.. Ammaaa.. Kaha hain aap.. Nashta ready hai ki nhi???

Meanwhile out in the living room PS is wearing her shoes, her bag cap and everything else is ready.. She is ready to leave for the thana..

When KS did not receive any response from PS, she strode out of her room and found PS at the main gate.

KS: Amma ! kab se awaz laga rhe hain hum.. Aap ne suna nhi?

PS: Hume der ho rahi hai. Hum jaa rahe hain..

She responded without looking at KS..

KS: Ha thik hai.. 5 min rukye.. Fir saath chal......

Even before KS could complete her sentence, PS cut her off

PS: Humare paas utna samay nahi hai

KS is unable to understand what was happening.

KS: Amma humko bhook laga hai bht jor se.. Humne kal raat bhi khana nhi khaya.. 5 minute dijye hume bas.

PS ignores her request completely and picks up her bag and puts her cap on and starts walking out the door

PS: Kisi aur chiz se pet aur man bhar jata hai to khane ki kya zarurat..

She murmurs under her breath while walking out.

KS is surprised with the PS's heedless behavior and she barely gets anytime to respond or ask anything from PS who is already out on the road looking for a rickshaw..

KS runs after her when she finds PS sitting inside an autorickshaw..

PS to auto driver: Bhaiya chaliye..

The driver is about to accelerate his vehicle when KS holds the iron rod above the rickshaw and address the driver in an intimidating way

KS: Ka bhaiya.. ? Bahut jaldi me ho.. ? Samne kon khara hai ei bhi nhi dikh rha tumko.. ?

Auto driver: . Maaf krna madam.. Maine dhyan nhi dia..

KS: Ama ruko jara.. Dekh rahe ho hum Pushpa ji se batyane k lie aye h.. Aur tum apna ricksha leke urne ki taiyri me ho..

PS to auto driver: Suno ..! Tum chalo.. Hum baithe h na tumare rikshw me.. Sawari li hai na tumne.. Toh chup chap se chalo thana ki taraf av fauran..

KS goes blank and numb.

-------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later at MPT

KS runs in through the main gate..

All including PS, SS and CC get up at once and salute her..

KS: Jai hind.. Jai hind.

KS then turns to PS..

KS: Amma.. Ka hua? Aap aise kahe chali aayin itna jald baji me.. Aap thik toh hain..?

PS: Wo kya hai na Karishma Madam, hum dhoke baaz nahi hain na.. Na kisi insaan ko dhoka dete hain.. Na apni wardi ko, na duty ko... Isliye time se ana parta hai..

Aur hum thehre junior.. Hume toh wakt se pehle aana parta hai.

Na toh hum aapki tarha senior post pe hain, na hum SHO ke chahitey hai.. Jo jab chahe chutti le len ya gayab ho jaye..

PS notices KS's bewildered expression and adds to her statement only to aggravate the situation..

PS: Maaf kijiye ga MADAM, junior hokar kuch zada hi bol gayen shayad..

KS: dekhiye... hum abhi junior senior ki hasiyat se baat nhi kar rahe hain..
Hum Bahu hain aapki.. Humko aapse baat krna hai.. Aap 2 min humare saath ayengi plj??

She speaks softly and Polietly, and she also feels a little embarrassed as Cc, Sa and Billu all were looking at KS and PS with same astonished expression that matched KS's.

PS: Acha.. Toh aapko yad bhi hai ki aap kisi ki Bahu hain. Kisi ki Patni hain..

KS: Amma...??

PS: Khabardaar.. ! Khabardaar jo apne is gande munh se hume Amma kaha toh! Is pavitra rishte ko aise badnaam mat kijie..
Hat jaiye humari nazro ke samne se.. Hume aapki shakal bhi nahi dekhni..

With that PS walks out of MPT.

All including KS were taken aback by her behavior and tone, bewildered by the sudden shift in attitude.

KS knew PS had always been calm and composed, but now her words were sharp and her demeanor cold. It was as if a switch had flipped, transforming her into someone KS barely recognized. Confusion and concern swirled within her, as she struggled to comprehend what had triggered this unexpected change.

The affection and care and concern for each other, that once defined their relationship seemed to have vanished, replaced by an inexplicable distance that left KS feeling lost and disoriented.