Preparations For Tier Promotion

Point out any errors I made in the chapters, as I'm very lazy and sometimes can't be bothered to reread them. Also give your opinions on something I should change or add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thump-thump, Thump-thump, Thump-thump

The sound of a loudly beating heart echoed through out the room.

THUMP-THUMP

Feng's eyes abruptly shot open, with a faint, red light flashing in them. He started taking in deep breaths, until his breathing and racing heart finally steadied a couple seconds later. 

'At least they aren't as bad as before.' A reconciling thought came to Feng as he rubbed his pained forehead. Looking around, Feng noticed that Fire had already woken up before him and left. Moreover, night had already fallen outside, with the only remaining illumination being the street lights. 

After getting dressed, Feng took off the stained bed sheets to have them be cleaned after enduring Fire and Feng's last intense session and exited the bedroom, going to the bathroom to wash up and have a shower in order to clean up, with Fire coming in as well a few minutes later after finishing her daily training.

The two of them acted and chatted as normal while in the shower and did the usual, coming out some time later.

"By the way, when did you get those things in here?" Feng asked as he pointed at the two white virtual gaming cabins that were 2.5 meters long, 1.8 meters wide, and 1.5 meters tall, quietly laying inside his bedroom. Although Feng had previously noticed them, he had been a bit preoccupied with Fire to ask at the time. 

"It was during the time you were handling things with Big Dipper. Aqua had managed to purchase five of them, and knowing that you were busy, Blackie contacted me to ask about yours and mine, so I had him get them installed inside of your apartment." Fire explained while drying her long red hair.

"Did you send Aqua the money she spent on the cabins?"

Although there was quite a lot of money in the Workshop's bank account, it was not enough to buy five virtual gaming cabins, and Feng didn't place any of the one billion Credits he received from Twilight Echo into it, only using what remained from the White River City Guidebooks for Zero Wing's necessary operations. 

A single unit cost three million Credits. Moreover, virtual gaming cabins were always scarce as they were extremely difficult to manufacture. Unlike the virtual gaming helmet, the materials the virtual gaming cabin required were very rare, so they only produced and sold a limited number each day. Wealthy tycoons usually snatched up the cabins the moment they came out of production.

Many people usually wondered why these virtual gaming cabins were so popular.

Despite the cabin being so expensive and only having a 7% sync rate increase over the helmets, it was still immensely popular.

In the past, many people thought 'Wasn't it just 7%? How much would a player's strength in game possibly increase after using the cabin?'

Why bother wasting so much money for such a measly improvement?

However, that 7% made a world of difference. In the past, an expert had been involved in an experiment using the two machines to test combat power. In the end, the expert exhibited 71% of his combat power while using the virtual gaming helmet. However, when using the virtual gaming cabin, the expert managed 75%. Furthermore, not only could the gaming cabins allow a player to raise their combat power, but they could also allow a player to improve their techniques at a quicker rate. The cabins could also develop the potential of a player's brain, as well as restore and enhance their physical fitness.