An Attempt

Kit's pov
I decided to make some food for the two to try and just do a little bit of help after sometime in my room alone, it'd help keep my mind of things as well, with the food itself it's an old family recipe my mom taught me!

Though.... I don't know if I should bring that up from what little I know about moon's friend it seemed they maybe didn't have a good life with family so I don't wanna bring up anything bad. Especially as we don't know much about eachother and I don't wanna give off any wrong impressions.

As I made food I looked out the window and almost jumped as I thought I saw eyes watching me, though as I shook my head and looked again but nothing was there......I must be seeing things....

After a few hours I finished up my food for them and I did notice nightmare just check on Dagger and help him come downstairs due to the bandages causing a bit of issues with his sight.

Thankfully there seemed to be no issues eating, that was good atleast and it brought a smile to my face as well. So later as the food was done and I also voluntarily made sure to wash the dishes as well I seen Dagger leave but nightmare stayed back a bit so I thought to maybe have a small chat.

"Hey is moon alright still?, like is she atleast somewhat close to waking up or just yknow okay?" I asked as nightmare looked at me. "Yeah she's fine not up yet but breathing fine and such, she did take alot of energy out of her from the very little energy she even had after ignoring her needs of sleep and not even having the bare minimum of food and drinks.

I warned her it would be a bad idea but she didn't seem to listen much does she?" He said as I slightly chuckled a bit, "yeah even when I first met her she definitely wasn't the very easily listening type course she did emotionally like if you vent out to her but besides that she didn't listen alot."

I told him as he nodded with that.

Tavnora's pov
I sat watching the castle and the other vessels inside. Speaking of vessels I had met one, his name was Cozbi and he came from the same world as the vessel #2008 seemed to be friends with.

He was looking for that one just as I was looking for #2008 and due to that we decided to from a small partnership. My other half seemed oddly silent and agitated, 'do you not like or trust them?' I asked him as he mentally nodded at me though I couldn't see it.

'I don't fully either but we may need the help we can get' i explained to which he gave a hum of acknowledgement and I just nodded back as I continued watching through the castle windows.

Shattered's memory [third person pov]
Shattered often would remember what happened after a few days of them having that forceful merge.

The hosts body had somehow changed back and forth from her past look to how she looks after the merge like as if her body was confused on which its supposed to be and everytime she does you could hear her crys of anguish and even bones crack which shattered couldn't help but cringe at everytime.

Today was one of those days as she stood against the wall as she normally would till that familiar sound of something dripping came from her as stood up properly and looked around and touched one of her eyes, the eye that had the goop acid thing on it.

"W-wait" "no!" She said as she back away from the wall staring down hand on her eyes and another wrapped around herself in some form of comfort. He'd try to talk or get close in some way but she'd always interrupt, "not now....please not now..." she began to cry, "go back away, please I can't handle this right now its not the right time..." she said as she paced around the room her hands now covering her ears.

"I don't understand why this keeps happening why can't I stay as one thing or the other!" She called out as the form of goop like acid stood on her body finished till now her physical body had to contort to match.

"Why?, why?! Everything was perfectly fine!" She'd yell out her voice now slightly distorted as she fell onto her knees hands held close to her chest. "I don't want to be like- this right now!" She yelled again but the room she'd been kept in was sound proof no one but shattered heard her crys and he kept trying to get to her or talk but she could never hear him.

"I don't want to..." she mumbled before continuing in a louder voice, "I don't want to be like this!" It grew silent for about 3 seconds till she spoke up again without shattered trying to speak to her, "shut up.." she'd repeat first in a mumble then louder each time she said it.

"This form i-....I hate it!"..."get out..." she then repeated once again getting louder as she repeated it. Again shattered tried to help by talking or getting closer to her but her sudden cry of anguish mixed with coughing of the same black liquid from the very first time came out every cough as she was now on her hands and knees as she yelled one last time.

"Get out of me!" Before that final sound of bone crunching as tentacles grew from her back. As it did everything seemed to freeze as she stayed there regaining her breathe, shattered finally gaining the opportunity to use said tentacles to help her up to atleast sit on her knees and gently wrap her as his odd attempt at comfort.

She wept with tears as she cried before shattered said anything to her he paused as her sobbing soon became hysteric laughter? She was laughing as shattered just stayed there always behind her back as he told her he would be...

Shattered's pov
I'll keep that memory, it was the start of me genuinely caring for her and when she seemed to finally break or fit the mold however you'd say. But I don't let her revisit that memory or any alike it, I'm the one who keeps us safe after all, and whoever i believe to be wrong always seems to be 9 times out of 10....