𝟖𝟑

LISA'S POV

My mind flooded with intrusive thoughts regarding the one group of people I considered to be family. My anxiety was getting the better of me and I was defenseless against it. I was too in my head about Billie to feel bad about dipping on my date with Alex.

What kind of trouble did Billie get herself into.. Is she okay? What if she isn't breathing? What if I'm too late?

Walking as fast as I can is a battle against these goddamn heels.

I can't lose anybody.
I can't afford to lose anybody.
Especially not Ariana.

My stomach now felt tight and uneasy. Unwanted thoughts swirled within my mind, constantly replaying worst-case scenarios.

I hate this. I hate the thoughts beyond my control. It spirals into a never-ending cycle of worry.

What if Billie hit her?
If she put her hands on my baby girl I swear to god I'm going to jail tonight.
I'm fine putting myself in harms way if it means I can protect my little girl.

The rapid pace at which I so relentlessly traveled led to the raw and bloody state of the back of my foot. It became apparent that these heels were ill-suited for such quick movement. Not to mention it stung like hell.

Minutes felt like hours, and by some miracle, I had finally reached Billie's front door with my high heels now in hand, ringing Billie's doorbell repeatedly.

It opened. And there stood Billie ; unbothered, unworried, and untouched.

She was fine. Absolutely fine.
Thank God.

"Where's Ariana?" I asked, quickly growing disinterested with Billie's well being.

In fact, she looks just fine apart from the very fact that she looks high. The scent of weed engulfed me completely the moment she opened the door.

It was a fragrance that lingered like a haunting melody. The smell of weed was always accompanied with Billie's presence.

"She's at my parents place-" "Is she okay?"

"Lisa-"
"Is my daughter okay, Billie."

"Our daughter is fine. Just come inside, I need to talk to you."

Not Ariana.
Okay. Not Ari.
Has to be about her family.

A heavy weight lifted off my shoulders. My daughter is safe and sound.
Fuck. All that worrying about these two and they're both fine.

As I walk inside, I'm reminded unfortunately just how beautiful of a house I left behind. God, it's gorgeous.
I wish I had enough money to buy a place like this. I don't even wanna know how much this ran her. All for her to live in such a large space all alone.

"Billie, you had me seriously worried. Is this an emergency or what?"

"Gimme those." She ignored my words as she reached for the high heels in my right hand.

I quickly averted my hand from her reach. "I can hold my own shoes."

"Lisa-" "I got it, Billie." I spoke with a tone a little more harsh than I had intended.

The air in the room grew heavy with tension & anticipation as we both settled onto the couch, the space between us filled with unspoken words and clearly, unresolved emotions. Billie's nervous tics were a dead giveaway.

Her left eyebrow lifted quite frequently on it's own, repeatedly at that ; followed along by her eyes suddenly widening every now and then as she looked off to the side.