𝟏𝟒

Billie's POV

I looked over at my clock and saw that it was four in the morning.

All I heard was whimpering from my room. The room that Ariana was in.

I wasn't sure if I should check on her or not mainly because I didn't wanna walk in on her if she was.... Yeah.

Fuck it, just knock on the door and ask if she's okay.

Turning on the lamp next to Finn's bed, I got up and left his room.

"Yo Ariana, you good in there?" I knocked on the door lightly so I didn't wake up my mom and dad.

She didn't respond, instead her whimpers just kept getting louder.

Opening the door, I walked into my room and brightened my red lights a little more so I could see clearer.

"Ariana, you okay?" I whispered.

She was still asleep to my surprise.

I think she's having a nightmare.

I got on the bed next to her and tapped her shoulder gently so I didn't scare her.

"Ariana, wake up." I said, no longer whispering my words.

No response.

"Ariana."

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

Well we're getting somewhere.

"Ariana, wake u-"

She quickly woke up in a panic, her breathing rate picking up like crazy.

"What happened-" Before I could even continue speaking, she pulled me in for a hug as tears escaped her bloodshot eyes.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm right here, your okay. It's okay." I whispered, hugging her right back.

She let out the smallest little sobs, taking into consideration that my parents are asleep.

"You had a nightmare?" She sniffled and nodded her head.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked. She shook her head no.

I lightly stroked her soft red hair as I rubbed her back to comfort her.

"Your okay. I'm here, no one's gonna hurt you." I whispered, only making her cry even harder.

"You want some water? You want me to go bring you some water-"

"Don't." Her high pitched voice whimpered. She held on to me ever so tightly as if she didn't want to be alone.

Poor baby.

I kissed the top of her head and sang to her until she could fall back asleep.

"Take me to the rooftop
I wanna see the world when I stop breathing
Turnin blue."

I sang softly while caressing her hair.

"Tell me, love is endless, don't be so pretentious
Leave me, like you do."

I could already feel her calming down in my arms as her heart rate went back to normal.

"If you need me
Wanna see me
Better hurry
'Cause I'm leaving soon."

After a while of singing her to sleep, I could hear light snores leaving her slightly parted lips.

Laying her back down carefully, I put the sheets back over her and used my thumbs to wipe away her tears.

"As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you. At least not anymore. And that's a promise." I whispered, placing a quick kiss on her forehead before leaving the room.

A/N : short lil filler chapter for the weekend. Love you tons and hope you have an amazing Saturday (or whatever day your reading this)

 Love you tons and hope you have an amazing Saturday (or whatever day your reading this)