Pooh x Pavel: {I Can't Run Away} [F]

POV: 3rd Person

  No matter how much the alpha tries to run and dig his way out, he knows it's inevitable.

  Yet, he tries.

  Pavel is not a person who gives up, and yet, he finds the end inevitable as he stubbornly tries to run away from what is imminent. He doesn't want it to happen, and he will never want it. An alpha like him is destined to be with an omega. That's what wolves were born to be, that's what the class and rank systems are.

  And yet, he finds himself getting betrothed to Pooh. A blood-sucking vampire.

  It's crazy! He knows. How come, everyone in his family was able to marry those who were of their own kin? How come, out of all of them within the royal family, it is him that gets married off to a vampire?

  Alphas are supposed to dominate, not to submit. That's what he was taught, but now that he fully understood and fully embraced it, he's told to submit to a man who he didn't know. Who he didn't respect, who he shouldn't like or respect because they're entirely different species. A wolf and an alpha are unheard of.

  The royal family is making sure the connections are clear. That they're able to create an alliance with the vampires, and he was just so unlucky, that, he was the one stuck with the responsibility of it. Against his will.

  "I don't want a vampire!" The wolf within him snarls and barks out, his eyes are glowing yellow, and it's not a good sign. But here his parents are, shaking their heads at his tantrum. Pavel isn't spoiled, the opposite, really. And he had hoped, that with how much of a fuss he's throwing, they might let him go. He always listened to them, he loves them. Yet the betrayal he's hit with was too much.

  He doesn't think it's fair that he was the one stuck in this. He doesn't want a vampire who sucks blood all day, and was below them in every way possible to take him as their bride. "Honey, you have to. It's for the greater good."

  Yeah right, the 'greater good' in the price of someone's life being completely sent off elsewhere, disregarded of what they are and of their opinions and emotions.

------------------------------------------------------

  It's dreadful when their wedding his held in the night as the sun set to ensure the bride and his family's safety. Now, as soon-to-be prince consort, Pavel just wants to run. The red veil shielding his vision, he could see the red-blurry silhouette of his fiancé. He doesn't smile under the veil that shielded him from the world, rather, he looked around rather nervously and with utmost disdain.

  It was good that he was wearing a scent patch in order to keep his scent away, masked and covered from those who were attending. To shield it from the vampires and of his own kin. He knows his scent is soured, he could feel it within the pit of his stomach.

  He doesn't want to be here. His ears drown out whatever the person who was marrying them, and giving them blessings even though it would only work for Pavel who'd rather hoped it didn't and backfires. He could see Pooh's eyes blinking at him as his eyes glances down.

  Though it's hard to tell, their eyes meet behind the red veil, and Pavel turns his eyes away from the younger man, who seemed to have a small smirk on his face. All the alpha could think about was how the second he gets out of this venue, was that he was going to their bed chambers - unfortunately shared - and sleep on the couch and leave the fancy vampire by himself with his blood wine or whatever.

  When Pooh lifts his veil, his breath hitches. The first time he'd seen his fiancé - now husband - since he was betrothed to him. He was, really, stunning. There's a feeling in Pavel's guts, and it felt like it was fluttering. He could barely pinpoint to whatever that feeling was, because Pooh takes his hand and gives the back of it a peck.

  Pavel's other hand clenches up into a fist, stopping himself and his wolf from lashing out and punching the man square in the face. The tall man doesn't have a preference to which gender he liked, but he did have a preference towards wolves. Sure, he's okay with alphas, but to have someone like Pooh? The guy's fangs are showing as he smiles brightly up at him as if he actually liked the wedding and enjoyed it.

  When Pavel looks around, and sees the smiles of the other family and his own. It felt like he was the only one who was odd, the only one who didn't appreciate the wedding as much as the others, the only one who didn't want it.

  Pooh's smile is bright, and his fangs stick out just slightly from the rest of his perfect pearly whites. "I look forward to getting to know you, P'Pavel." 

------------------------------------------------------

  They hang out during their honeymoon rather than other things that their parents would rather them do - as weird as that sounds. Though, Pavel would dig himself a ditch and die before he has to do anything with this blood sucker around his vicinity.

  But, the tone was sightly set gently. Pavel no longer regards to him with such hatred, rather, the more he got to know the man, the more he started to tolerate and understand him. To like him and grow something within his heart. Pooh was a charming guy, Pavel can't deny, and that's alright.

  Pavel knows he can't run away from this feeling he has got, so he won't.

------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Slightly open-ended