Charles x Edwin: {Shorty in Blue} [F]

If you get the reference for the title, you get it.

POV: 3rd Person

  Charles has always thought that Edwin was taller than himself, earning a few extra inches, and he looked tall, too. He had just never thought of the boots that the other ghost always wears. The heels adding a few inches to his height that otherwise wouldn't be there.

  The ghost has only realized it when the other boy took off his shoes for a change of attire - something Edwin does once in a couple of months just because he wanted to - Charles had been sitting on the couch as he not so subtly watched. It wasn't like he saw anything other than the undergarments. Charles has seen guys naked before in locker rooms, and he doesn't think too much about them, even if something about Edwin made him want to look away as if intruding. 

  "Mate, have you been always so.." He walks up to him as Edwin fastens on the suspenders for his trousers (Charles must say, it was quite a hassle, doing all of that as he came to realize Edwin has more than one type of suspenders). His sentence was put into a pause when he got closer, blinking as his brain tried to process it. He was standing like how he normally stood, and yet, his eyes met Edwin's soft brown hair.

  It takes him a tick, then he looks down at the boy's green ones, that blinked right back. He barks out a laugh and Edwin's gently pushing him away before taking a seat and pulling on the suspenders for his socks. "Don't say it."

  "I wasn't gonna, was I?" Charles is stifling a laugh and when Edwin pulls back on his boots, tying up the laces, Charles is smiling cheekily. Edwin merely huffs out a bored exhalation and ties up the bow tie.

  The next time Charles sees him without his boots, he calls him "Shorty in the blue" because of Edwin's blue vest, and the boy just gives him a glare. He doesn't miss the way the tip of Edwin's mouth is curling up and the dip of his dimple barely showing. "Gosh, Charles."

  "What was that?" And Charles bends ever so slightly to his side to hear the boy, only to get a small hit on the shoulder.

  He merely barks out a laugh and lets himself lean back against the dust-collecting couch.

  He misses the way Edwin looks at him with adoration in his eyes.

-------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Based on this Tweet