Charles x Edwin: {Dolls} [F]

We're still not done, hang on tight

POV: 3rd Person

  Charles had known for ages that Edwin had been scared of spiders. Since the girls came along, it's not like they knew. They didn't see what was down there when they were in Hell. They didn't know what Edwin had held so close to his chest that Charles had only come to know it after a decade of being friends with him. Edwin had kept his horrors of Hell close to him. Charles was the only one to truly know the levels he went through, and even then, he had only seen five levels.

  He hadn't even known which of the other demons Edwin had been sold to done to him. He only knew about the dolls, and even then. In Edwin's personal Hell. That seemed to leave the most impact, most likely because he stayed there the longest. Running. Hiding. Crying.

  The thought of Edwin's tear-stained face, how he had cried in Charles' arms when he had found him down there. How fast he bolted on his feet when Charles had thrown the bomb at the spider. He ran so fast, Charles had been surprised himself, even as he had known Edwin was a quick runner.

  He knew Edwin was a fast runner, but yet, it had never gone so quick. As if he blinked, Edwin would've run out of his sight down the 50-metre corridor.

  So, when Halloween came around, the girls decided to decorate while they were away. After all, Edwin doesn't care much for Halloween, and Charles was fine with tagging along when Edwin wanted to go on a walk - he wanted to spend some alone time with his boyfriend, after all.

  He should've expected it, really. For something to creep Edwin out. But he hadn't. Because he trusted the girls to have known to avoid some super creepy things, even if they didn't know Edwin would be scared of some specific stuff.

  The second Edwin walked through the door, right behind Charles who was walking backwards, he dropped dead silent. Charles noticed a tick too late, and when he turned around, he scanned the room, and saw spiders. They were fake, yes, but they hung from the wall, and there were doll limbs lying around on shelves, tables. No matter how little there were. Sure, there were brains around with fake worms, but Charles knew better.

  Edwin had shut down, and ran right out of the room with a pained whimper.

  When Charles had found him, panting and taking in breaths that aren't needed, he didn't reach out. It was almost on instinct that he didn't, knowing Edwin needed some time before touch would've been accepted. And so he stayed near him, in his vision, but not so. They sat on the ground in silence. On the pavement in a deserted street.

  Once Edwin had calmed, he threw his entire body against Charles, knocking him to the ground and laying over him, arms tight around his shoulders, head on the younger boy's chest. "I'm here." He threads his fingers through those soft, wavy strands. Running through the gel that Edwin always had, and breaking them apart.

  The other ghosts' hair was always so soft. Charles loves it, and he loves him. 

  Though no words were exchanged after, Charles knows, by the grip on his body, that Edwin had chanted at him to not leave. To stay here for as long as he could, holding Edwin. Who was Charles to say no? He was going to hold the boy close, and was not going to let anything, or anyone, hurt him.

  "I'm here."

  It was safe to say that when they came back, Charles had gone in first and held Edwin's hand through the door. Getting the girls to clean up the remains of dolls or spiders to let Edwin come in and enjoy the rest of Halloween.

----------------------------------------------

Author's note: Is it cute