⬩DATE⬩

I greeted Fluer with a smile as I sat down next to her on a rock by the Black Lake.

"Bonjour Y/n," she returned the smile with a thick French accent.

"You were brilliant during the first task," I complimented her.

"Merci. I was in panic mode the entire time," she confessed.

"I honestly couldn't tell," I replied with honesty. We chatted for a bit, and I observed that Fleur didn't seem to have many friends, despite her kindness and thoughtfulness.

"Do you already have a date for the Yule Ball?" she inquired. I shook my head, asking her the same question.

She smiled and responded, "I have a few potential options."

I nodded in acknowledgement, saying, "That's great to hear."

The Yule ball was just a few weeks away, and I still didn't have a date. My friends Tracey and Pansy had already secured dates, while Daphne ended up going with a Ravenclaw after Mattheo didn't ask her. Unsurprisingly, Blaise asked Luna to the ball. Even Ginny had been asked by someone. And then there's Krum, trying to persuade Hermione to go with him. At this rate, I'll be the only one without a date. Fluer had left to figure out the second task, so I decided to head back inside the castle. As I made my way down to the Dungeons, I spotted Krum leaning against a wall.

Krum sauntered over to me, calling my name.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"Hermione told me she'll only go with me to the Yule Ball if I find you a date," he said with a shrug. "Would one of my friends do?"

I wanted Hermione to have an amazing time as she deserves to be happy, so I agreed without hesitation.

"Absolutely," I replied.

Krum nodded,"I'll let Hermione know," he walked away tapping my shoulder

I sighed. I just hoped his friend was nice and not rude. I headed inside the common room,"Any luck on a date?" asked Daphne as I leaned on the couch

"I am going with someone," I spoke

"Who?"asked Lorenzo

"You'll see," I smirked,"I'm going to head upstairs,"

I waved to them and headed upstairs to my room. I walked inside to see a dark green box with a silver bow on top. At first, I was confused, until I noticed the letter from Narcissa, a woman who always seemed to know exactly what I needed, even before I did.

Dear My beautiful niece,

I hope you know that you don't need a date to the ball to be and feel beautiful. I ran across this dress during my shopping trip last week and I thought you'd look absolutely stunning in it. I bought you a new pair of heels that will match the dress perfectly. I have also paid for a nail appointment for you to get your nails done for the ball. Be sure to say my name. I will also send a second package with any skin care, makeup and jewelry you want to borrow from me. Just give me a call when you get this so I can send it over right away

From,
Mama Cissa

I smiled as I read her words, grateful for her thoughtfulness and knowing that she saw through my tough exterior to the insecurities I tried to hide. I opened the box to reveal such a gorgeous dress that I knew I'd look like a princess. The heels were a perfect match, sleek and sophisticated. I am quite excited for the nail appointment.

I set the dress in my closet along with my heels. I hummed quietly getting ready to call Narcissa when Hermione called me. I answer

Hermione:Did you say Krums friend could take you to the ball?

Me:Yes Yes I did. You should have a lovely night

Hermione: But you know who I wanted to go with

Me:Well I'm sorry Mr.Ronald Weasley is a smart as a bucket of slugs. He ain't going to ask you

Hermione: Yes I know but a girl could hope

Me:Either way we both should have fun!

Hermione: Wanna go dress shopping with me?

Me:I already promised the girls I'd go with them tonight. But how about this we should get ready in your room for the Ball as we wanted to get ready together for our first dance for highschool and seeing as we are not in highschool. I want all my friends to be surprised by my dress

Hermione:You already gotten one?"

Me:Yup Mama Cissa sent it over. I'll spend the night in your dorm that way we can do a spa night and get ready on Christmas Eve

Hermione: I can't wait.

She hung up the phone. I got a knock on my door and opened it to Pansy,"The girls and I want to get our dresses. Wanna get yours?"

"I already got mine but I want to see yours," I smiled grabbing my money,"My Aunt sent one over," I added as she was confused

We walked downstairs after I locked my door. I headed downstairs with her and we met up with the boys. We have been on break all week this week and everyday is the Hogsmeade trips for people to get their dresses or suits.

We climbed up onto the carriages. Before it headed to Hogsmeade. I got a sight of the skeleton wing horses and learned from Luna that they were thestrals. The only reason I can see them is because I saw death this summer.

"Y/n come on!" said Tracey squinting her eyes in the afternoon sun

I jumped off of the carriage,"Sorry girls lost in thought. Lets get your dresses," I smiled.

We made our way to the dress shop. I helped the girls search for their dresses. I handed each of them a few dresses. They put on a fashion for me and I cheered them on hyping them up. Soon Tracey found the color dress she wanted that fit her so well. After about 10 dresses Daphne changed the color of what she wanted and she looks stunning in a light green dress. Pansy was having trouble deciding what of the two dresses she picked out. I helped her decide as the girls choose their shoes. We headed over to them and Pansy picked out her shoes.

"Y/n what color is your dress?" asked Pansy,"I want to make something for each of us and our dresses,"

I told her the color of my dress and she smiled and nodded. 

"Where are we getting ready?" asked Tracey

"Actually, I promise Hermione I'd get ready for the ball with her. Ever since we were little we always wanted to get ready for our first dance together," I explained sheepishly

"Girl we get it. You and Hermione are like sisters. I can't wait to see what you look like at the Yule ball," Pansy smiled as we headed into the nail salon with their w s in dress bags. 

They got us in quickly as there was a lot of nail artist in the shop due to the week. I know it sound petty but I asked for black gloves as I didn't want anyone to see my nails.

"So you want us to be completely surprised," said Daphne. I nodded smiling,"I see you girl. You better look hot as fuck," 

I giggled.