118 ☠️

Red light.... I anxiously sat on the back of the motor, still positioning myself on it. It felt weird, scary even. I'd never ridden one before, nor sat at the back of one. Turned to orange... I put my arms around Hyunjin's waist tightly. I couldn't fall off, it would compromise everything.  My eyes shifted to Chan before us. He really was gonna go about it in his own way, wasn't he? I couldn't say what would happen for sure, but if it was anything like the movie...

Green! A loud beeping noise went off as everyone except for us made their way forward instantly, fireworks going off while everyone was speeding over the bridge, a first car already being pushed off into the water, while we could see the next ones crashing together as Chan's motorcycle passed between two of the cars. If it was a normal race after all, we'd be behind already, and by far, even without a few mere seconds. My eyes left Chan's figure as he sped through the lines of cars, already too far away for us to properly see. It wasn't long after that Hyunjin finally started riding, my hands gripping onto his shirt as he immediately made a sharp turn. He too must have been watching Chan go.

"Y/N, you're sure about this, aren't you?" he asked, closing in to what seemed like a stone wall in front of us. "It has to be... it just has to," I muttered, unsure whether he even heard it or not. At the final moment, the road opened, going down to an underground tunnel, making a turn to follow everything those on the actual track were doing, just from underneath them. The road above us looked like glass, like you'd saw with those two way mirrors, showing us all that was happening right above us. Starting with the bridge across the river, what we had just witnessed from the first few cars, those lacking behind were still visible, still crashing right over our heads.

Whereas my grip loosened slightly, too amazed and focused on all happening around, Hyunjin's left hand made it's way to my arms, holding onto them to make sure I wouldn't fall off. "Careful, we have no idea what could happen," he spoke, and yet sounding a little relieved that it actually turned out right. As we'd gotten to the city, the familiar wrecking balls started appearing above us, with several cars already mashed into pulp. Even if I shouldn't be concerned, my eyes were still focused on what was happening above, scanning to see if Chan's bike was anywhere. Knowing how the movie scene ended, with many either dead or stranded, I almost didn't even want to look up there. And yet, I couldn't help myself.

What was next, what was next... I tried to remember, looking up to see if I could see anything, and yet, it felt off. Where now there was simply nothing but a race track through the city, I knew something had to be there, but what was it? It couldn't have been this easy, nor here, nor in the movie. We've had the bridge, the wrecking balls, even the road blocks and incoming traffic that made it more difficult, but there had to be more to it, right? My eyes widened, immediately looking up as I remembered. The giant animals! The t-rex and ape. Those were the two biggest obstacles in the entire run. So why...

Maybe realization hit me a bit too late. This wasn't a video game, like in the movie. This was the real world. No matter how much money sir had, or how much he had tried to make everything alike, he was still limited by the laws of nature. No possible scientist could make anything like the animals they had shown in the movies. But then, if the final bridge before the finish line wasn't going to be smashed by the ape, how would it end? My eyes went up again, trying to look for anything that could possibly stop the very few left trying to win this race. Hyunjin and I must have caught up, as now those in the lead were visible again. Including Chan, racing at the very front of it.

Would he really make it? The ending was soon nearing with now no more obstacles in the way, the final destination the gate to go through, but was it really that simple? If it was, what difference would it make to take the underground route if it was no longer the only way there? I could feel Hyunjin speeding up, a reminder that we too were still in the race. Was it really just who was first now? Chan was still ahead, though we were currently starting to catch up. We probably didn't even need another minute, as we had done nothing but going straight underneath all of the obstacles and troubles ahead. Even so, if it truly was the one who came in first that would be the winner... I'm sorry Chan, but we couldn't lose now.

"Hyunjin, can you go any faster?" I asked, hearing a low chuckle from underneath his mask. "I didn't know you were that dirty minded," he answered, and before I could protest speeding up even more. Why he wasn't going full speed first I could only guess, but maybe he too was still looking out for Chan. They did truly seemed to have formed a bond, even if things got messy in the end. "Y/N," Hyunjin suddenly said rather abruptly, startling me out of my thoughts again. "Is it just me, or are the pillars underneath the bridge looking like they could crumble any moment?" As we were approaching the final few seconds before the grand finish, Hyunjin, Chan and I now all caught up, the only difference being Hyunjin and I were on a different level. All that was left for those following the normal route, which Chan was still racing on, was to cross the final bridge, the one that was smashed into bits, prohibiting anyone from ever reaching the finish line.

Only now, it was looking like it would soon crumble into bits by itself, destroying all that dared to cross it.