33 ☠️

Everyone stopped, as our hearts started beating loudly. Whatever we had imagined, this seemed to be worse. Even Changbin, Hyunjin and Jeongin looked at it in shock, meaning that whatever they had seen, wasn't as bad as this. This must have been what they meant when the announcement said the storm had upgraded. The storm was rapidly coming our way now, the sand already harshly hitting our face. "Guys, we have to cover our faces, quick!" Chan shouted, throwing off his backpack already to see if anything seemed fit.

"We could use the extra fabric for now," Hyunjin responded quickly. He teared up two of the sights lightly, tucking the ends around his ears to make a mask out of it, the rest quick to follow him. Changbin had put Seungmin down too now, knowing too well that he was probably going to need more strength to get through this. Our eyes were still open and exposed, but for now we'd just have to do it with this. We were only a couple hundred won away from another tool at this point, but here we wouldn't even had the time to unpack it all. We had to get away from this, and quickly.

"What on earth do we do?" I shouted, our voices slowly getting lost quicker in the wind the closer the storm got. "Hide behind one of the dunes?" I added, looking around. There were a couple of them in close proximity, so it would be possible. "No way," Changbin responded quickly, "the high winds can pick up huge amounts of sand very quickly, so if we'd hide at the leeward side of the dunes we could find ourselves being buried in sand. The densest concentration of sand or dust bounces close to the ground, so the storm will be less forceful at the top of a hill. We have to get higher up."

My eyes met Changbin's, his eyes seeming to scan mine to see what I was thinking behind them. We hadn't seemed to talk much after he had helped me out this morning to get out of Felix's grip. We both had been too occupied to really be able to talk to each other. Seungmin and I had seemingly gotten closer, and I now had to keep up a facade for the viewers with Felix too. Meanwhile he had been doing everything he could to ensure our safety and getting us out of here, going so far as to seemingly take over the lead from Chan too. You could feel a slight tension between the two at times like this, but as long as we got out alive I could not let myself be bothered with it. That was something those two needed to work out on their own.

"But that would leave us completely exposed," Chan argued with him. "We'd be easily swept away trapped in the storm if we don't find shelter." Changbin sighed, looking around. "I don't know where you see shelter around here, but unless you see something I don't that's not an option." Before the two argued any further, Seungmin stepped in. "For now let's get away as far as possible, try to go around here if we can. We still have a couple of minutes before the eye of the storm would be here, so let's get the hell out of here instead." Chan and Changbin gave each other a nod, agreeing with Seungmin's plan.

Chan put his hands on Jeongin and my backs, urging us to get moving again. Changbin led up front again, going completely sideways to try to avoid it as much as we could, still keeping the higher ground. "You guys doing okay?" he shouted after a minute or so. The storm still seemed to be closing in quite badly, far more than we liked. The formations were shifting slowly as well. Chan seemed to mainly take Jeongin with him, who was still struggling due to his head wound, while I was struggling to keep up because of my ankle.

Seungmin had been closing in to me as well, not finding it easy to keep us either. I looked back to the side of the tornado, seeing it much and much closer already. We weren't going to make it. There was no way we could outrun a tornado. "FUCK," Seungmin shouted from right in front of me. Before I truly even had the chance to see what was happening, I bumped into his back at full speed, the both of us falling over.

We were done for. Screwed. We were going to die, here and now. I wanted to get up again, desperately run behind the rest who were all still running away, knowing too that getting back for us would probably only get them killed too, but Seungmin pulled me down again, my body laying on top of his, his arms wrapped around my body tightly, with my head laying on his chest, being held to him with his hand tightly. "KEEP LOW, IT'LL MAKE IT HARDER FOR THE WIND TO PICK US UP!" he shouted. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms back around him, making sure we wouldn't be separated.

The storm would be here any second now. Though we were lucky the was nothing but sand that could hit us, taking the largest death factor away, we were still at a huge risk of being suffocated, or being taken so high we wouldn't save the fall. I closed my eyes tightly, bracing myself for the impact. And yet, if I were to die, I had to get it off my chest. "SEUNGMIN, THERE'S SOMETHING I HAVE TO TELL ME," I shouted to him.

"THERE'S NOTHING BETWEEN ME AND FELIX. IT WAS ALL A SHOW FOR THE VIEWERS TO GIVE US MORE DONATIONS. THANK YOU FOR NOT TELLING THE REST SEUNGMIN, I REALLY OWE YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING."

And right then, our bodies were hit with the storm.