The Colour Purple

The wind whipped around as thunderous clouds loomed overhead. They peered down at the ground dangerously yet kept their lighting bolts to themselves.

Daniel soared through the darkened skies and rain, flapping his wings now and then to keep momentum.
His dark black cloak was draped over his back as the ends of it whipped and flailed in the wind.

His sickle was tucked and hidden nicely inside of it where it wasn't disturbing him.
It was so comfortably hidden that Daniel wouldn't have noticed it was there if it wasn't for the fact that he'd placed it there himself.

The cloak seemed to negate the weight of the sickle, making it appear that it wasn't even there... It was strange, magical even.
But even though it intrigued Daniel, it was the last thing on his mind.

What worried Daniel was the mission in front of him and his companion.
It was arguably the most dangerous mission to date, and yet not only was he taking it on severely down in numbers, but he was also taking his newest recruit along with him, with little to no training whatsoever.

Daniel looked back at Blue who was following closely behind him. He looked down at his wrists with awe and admiration before looking up and catching Daniel's worried glance.
"Hurri- I mean... Reaper... You've been looking at me like that for the past hour... Is something up?"

Daniel sighed.
"Look... It's nothing against you alright... It's just that-" Daniel started but was cut off.

"You're worried about me, aren't you?" Blue asked rather confidently.
Daniel fell silent in response, confirming his suspicion.

The Silkwing only laughed cheerfully.
"Don't worry about me, I won't drag you down" Blue said, shooting Daniel a smile.

"That's not what I'm worried about" Daniel stated before glancing down at Blue's glowing wrists.

Daniel was worried and scared, so much so that he didn't know what to think of it anymore.
He knew that in the end, What Blue agreed to would prove useful for both of them... Especially on the mission.

Yet... There was a shaking feeling within Daniel, a part of him that knew something bad was going to come of it.

Blue caught on and put two and two together.
"You're worried about this?" He asked, pointing to his wrists.
A powerful radiant violet glow shone from his wrists, an unnatural glow of flame silk boiling underneath his scales.

"You don't have to be!" Blue insisted, "I can control it! I swear!"

Daniel looked away before speaking to him.
"I know you'll be fine... But I don't know why you did it... What was the reasoning behind it... What were you thinking Widow?"

Blue paused for a moment before stuttering.
"I-I don't know..." he admitted, looking down at his talons. "I guess I just thought I needed to be more powerful if I wanted to prove myself... You know?"

Daniel didn't say anything, instead, he quickly dived towards the ground.
This caught Blue by surprise, but without a second thought, he followed Daniel down.

The wind whipped past just as fast as the ground rapidly approached. Daniel spread his wings to catch air and slowed himself in time to land almost instantly.

Blue, however, needed to circle a few times before he was able to come to a complete stop and land comfortably.
"Why are we landing?"

Daniel turned to face Blue.
"I'm going to make something clear right this instant," He said sternly.
"Being part of the group means that you can't keep any secrets from us, especially relating to what you did in the forest"