Chapter 43

Each day since getting the flower arrangement, Bawdy has sent another. At this rate, my apartment is going to become an indoor forest.

Kennedy and I decided to stay in and have a wine night while watching movies. She has been going through interviews for nursing positions, so I know she definitely is appreciating a chill night.

Bawdy has a show tonight, and his publicist again advised that I probably shouldn't go. Sure, I could just go in the crowd if I wanted to, but Bawdy said it'd make him sad if I was there and couldn't stop by back stage at least. There'd be too many eyes on us there. Hopefully this shit blows over soon now that a week has passed, but people always love to comment on who he is going out with.

When he heard about my plans tonight, he had some wine sent over for us. And not just a bottle. Enough that we could ration it out for months. It tastes like fruit juice, which is a bit dangerous since we're just sipping it so easily.

"How was work?" Kennedy asks while walking with a bowl of popcorn over to the couch.

"Fine," I say in a flat tone. "At least I haven't forgot any more memory cards."

She laughs. "You just started. They can't expect you to be perfect." Very valid point. Although, if Kennedy was in my position, I know that she wouldn't have messed up.

I've been asking to pick up more shifts this week and into the future. It's better for me to stay busy or else I'm just going to sit around and wish that I was with Bawdy. And it'll help me save up some more money. I think I should be on track to keep my scholarship for spring, but I'm trying to be prepared just in case. Maybe I should focus more on my classes instead, but with how some of my professors grade, even my best effort doesn't seem to be good enough. I've been good about submitting my assignments this week, but I definitely missed a couple so far. Maybe more than a couple throughout the semester.

Honestly, I have more money than I'm used to since I haven't really been spending much of my own money on drinks and food. I have Bawdy to thank for that one. We have to eat to survive. Why should that be expensive?

We settle down and decide to watch the Shrek movie. I don't think either of us would be able to focus on anything serious right now.

Once the first movie is over, we start talking about putting on the second one after taking a minute to get another snack. I use the time to check my phone. Bawdy is probably about to go on stage soon.

Bawdy: You should have just came in a disguise.

I laugh out loud and almost choke on my drink at the thought of me rolling up in a wig and weird outfit to his show.

Gianna: Next time. Have a good show :)

Sending that text makes me feel sad. How long is this going to go on for? There's no real reason why we should have to be separated. I don't understand why it would hurt his business and image. Then again, I'm not a professional publicist.

Bawdy has worked with Chelsea for years, and he's obviously very successful. I don't want to negatively impact all that he has worked for.

He doesn't respond, and I'm assuming that he was pulled away to go on stage.

We put on the second Shrek movie, laughing throughout it. When it finally ends, Kennedy yawns. "I'm going to wash these up and then head to bed."

She's so much more disciplined than me. I was just going to leave the glasses and bowls until the morning. I help to throw out the wine bottles and turn off the tv. I guess it is better just to get it over with.

While she's cleaning off the last dish, I get another text from Bawdy.

Bawdy: Come over tonight. I'll send a car and bring you in the back.