Chapter 53

"Wait, let me fix your bowtie," I say before we walk towards the front door. The car ride was short from my apartment to Charlie's house where the Halloween party is at, and we were trying to get in as much kissing as we could before. I shouldn't be this turned on by seeing Bawdy dressed as a rabbit, but I am.

We ended up going as Jessica and Roger Rabbit. I'm in a long red sparkly dress with a big slit up the leg. The strapless top is squeezing me perfectly. I thought I looked good, and Bawdy has only told me 100 times how good my boobs look in it.

Bawdy is wearing red overalls and a bow tie. He's not wearing a shirt under the overalls, so all of his muscles and tattoos are on display. It's usually Jessica who is thought of as the hot one, but Bawdy pulls off the look like no one else can. I even convinced him to wear a pair of bunny ears.

Bawdy's idea was that I go as an electrical outlet, and he would have went as a plug. I might have laughed, but I did turn down that idea.

I will always use Halloween as an excuse to dress in a sexy and hot outfit.

I'm a bit surprised that Bawdy even wanted to come with to a party like this. I guess he didn't have any problem going to Iris's party, but it's hard for me to believe that he would trade his fancy parties and clubs for a trashy college house party.

Seeing my confusion in him actually wanting to, he explained that he never got to experience parties in college since he didn't go. It was a sweet answer. Normal people like me always dream of going to lavish parties, while rockstars like Bawdy just want an opportunity to go to a stereotypical college party.

No matter how much you look up to someone with a seemingly perfect life, that person is likely to be envious of something in yours. And it's likely something simple that you take for granted.

I'm happy that for once I can give him a fun experience that he is looking forward to. Although, I'm sure he won't be too excited by the alcohol selection.

We make our way into the crowded kitchen and each find a seltzer. Bawdy tried to ask if he should have drinks or anything brought over, but I told him that if he wants to get the full experience, then he is not calling in bartenders.

We compromised with him bringing in his own bottle of vodka. "Can I have a shot?" A random girl says from behind Bawdy. She holds out her cup and eyes his bottle.

"Uh, sure," Bawdy says while pouring some into her cup. She moves away without saying anything else.

"I should have warned you that the bottle won't be safe here," I say, having to yell towards his ear.

"There you are!" I hear someone yell towards me. I turn around and find Iris and Kennedy. Iris is dressed as a pink fairy and Kennedy is a cowgirl. "I love the dress!" Iris squeals and pulls me into a hug. They happily take a shot from Bawdy, and we move out towards the living room.

A couple people easily recognize Bawdy and do a double-take, completely confused as to why he's at this party. We joked about having him wear a mask on his face to help hide who he is, but he said he really doesn't care. He has dealt with needing to hide his identity places before, and he has found that people seem to bother him less when he's just out in the open.

Although, he didn't tell his publicist about going to this party with me. I guess she'll just find out after if, or more likely when, pictures get posted online. At this point, we've stayed away from each other enough that any rumors about him dating some mystery girl (me) have died down.

If he is allowed to be seen and pictured with some of the same famous people over and over again, why can't I just be someone who he sees more than once? The logic makes sense to Bawdy and me, but Chelsea has her own approach to anything. Bawdy says he can take the heat from her, so he really doesn't give a shit what she thinks this time.

I asked him why he doesn't just fire her if she is overbearing. As much as she can seem like a control freak, at the end of the day Bawdy does appreciate how much she has done for him. She's one of the best publicists and has done a phenomenal job at cleaning up messes that Bawdy has made.

Anyways, it's pretty dark and crowded, so people won't even be able to see him that well or take any really clear pictures. And by the time everyone continues drinking more, they're not going to remember seeing him.

One time I was horribly drunk out at a club, and I was convinced that I had run into Ed Sheran. After making this poor man take pictures with me, I realized in the morning that it was just some random man with red hair.

We start dancing a bit, but it's so crowded that we can barely move. Bawdy keeps one hand on my hip and the other on his bottle.

Kennedy bumps into David, and Charlie is right behind. We all exchange tipsy hellos, and they join by where we are dancing. David positions himself behind Kennedy, and she tries to hide the huge smile on her face, but it's too hard for her to contain it. She had went with Iris to a party that he invited her too, and they hung out together almost the entire night.

I know that she doesn't want to start anything at least until she knows where she is going to end up after graduation, but I think she should at least have some fun with him. Based on the way I can barely make out that her cheeks are blushing as he whispers into her ear, I can tell that she likes him. From what I've seen from him, he's not the type of guy she'd typically go for, but she needs some fun in her life.

"Do you guys want to go upstairs? I stashed some drinks in my room before," David yells to us. We all agree. Anything to get out of this sweaty crowd.

I used to stay on the dance floor the entire time at the beginning of college. Now, I think I'm getting past the whole cheap alcohol in a loud crowded room. Concerts and clubs are definitely a step up. Is this what it feels like to get old?