Chapter 54

We follow them upstairs and run into their other roommate and three other girls. Two of the girls, Morgan and Theresa, excitedly hug me. Even though the party and campus is huge, it can still feel like such a small world. It's always fun to run into the same people at parties even if we don't talk much outside of it.

The boys lead us into a room of every boy's dreams. It's the definition of a man cave with couches positioned for perfect viewing of not one, but two tvs. They must have every gaming console known to man lined up.

We all get comfortable as the other roommate, Johnny, goes and grabs some drinks from his room with the girl I'd never met before, Mariah.

"It feels so good to sit," Iris says as she rubs her foot in her heels. She's brave to wear open-toed shoes to a party like this.

"I haven't seen you all in forever!" Morgan exclaims, looking and sounding way too drunk. "How have you all been?"

We go back and forth and give a general update about our lives. Nothing really more deep than saying classes suck, and it's been fun going out to different parties. Honestly, I've probably had the most exciting and interesting life outside of school compared to everyone with all that Bawdy has been doing for me. But, I know that this sort of drunk party talk isn't the place to catch everyone up on those events.

The door opens back up, and Johnny walks in with a couple plastic bags holding cans and bottles. Mariah walks in after him, looking quiet annoyed. She tries to join us on the couch, and we all shift over to let her squeeze in. I was already sitting in between Iris and Bawdy, and there was barely any room to Bawdy's left. He already takes up the space of more than an average person, but it was the only other actual seat that would allow Mariah to not have to sit next to Johnny on the other couch.

She seems pretty pissed about something, but no one questions it. Bawdy puts one of his arms on the back of the couch and wraps it around my shoulder, and I snuggle close to him.

Kennedy is sitting next to David on the other couch where Johnny also sits down. Charlie is sitting on a foldable chair. Morgan and Theresa are sharing a huge bean bag together. They're basically conjoined at the hip and are always inseparable.

I can still hear the music blasting from downstairs, but it's a lot more muted. I can finally hear my own thoughts again, although there's a ringing in my head. I'm not sure if it's from being in a really loud room or from all that I've drank tonight.

Maybe both.

Probably both.

But it's Halloween, so it'd basically be a crime not to be drunk. That's my rationale for the night, and I like it.

"I also have this game that we can play," Charlie says reaching for a box on one of the end tables. "It's like a truth or dare or drink card game."

"I'm down!" Theresa shouts. Everyone agrees.

This is a lot better than having to play beer pong. I have horrible aim. It's actually embarrassing how bad I am.

I'm glad that there's a good amount of us playing, so it'll hopefully take a while to go around a full circle of all of us. I'm not sure how much more I can handle drinking tonight, so it looks like I'll have to be doing whatever the cards say unless I'm really desperate not too. They can't be that bad.

But apparently there are no limits to this game.

Iris draws the first card. "Give the person to your left a lap dance or take a shot," she reads out loud and starts to giggle. "I guess it's your lucky day, Gianna."

Iris stands up and everyone in the room cheers her on. She walks towards me, swaying her hips, and I try to fight back laughing. I can't take her seriously. Bawdy removes his arm from around me, fully letting it just be Iris and me. How thoughtful.

She moves her hands down my arms, and we both start dying laughing when she makes eye contact with me. She turns around and sticks her ass out towards me. I play along and jokingly tap it as she rolls her hips back towards me and lightly moves to grind down on me.

That seems to please everyone, and she takes her seat back next to me. "Really setting the bar high with that one," I say as I prepare to reach for a card. I look over at Bawdy who has a goofy smile plastered on his face. I can tell that he enjoyed watching that way too much.

I pick up a card. "Tell your most wild sex story or take a shot." My eyes drift to Bawdy, and he raises an eyebrow daring me to say something. It was hard enough to tell Kennedy and Iris about why I got fired from work. My brain goes through so many things that I've done with Bawdy. I don't even know which one I'd want to pick.

But I do kind of want to just keep that sort of stuff private between us. I don't like the idea of sharing what we do together. I decide to just take a shot.

Bawdy leans over and whispers in my ear, "Guess you don't want everyone to know what a dirty little slut you are for me." My cheeks go bright red, but I also feel an excited sensation in between my legs. I push on his leg with my hand, telling him to fuck off. Now is not the time to get turned on.

Bawdy gets a card that asks what his body count is. Without hesitation, he picks up a bottle and pours himself a shot. The boys in the room are hollering at him not wanting to answer. I can feel Kennedy's eyes burning on me, waiting to see how I'll react.

He shrugs his shoulders and looks at me. "Do I even want to know?" I ask under my breath.

"You don't think you were my first?" He asks in my ear, but he's unable to hold back his laugh. We all know that's a lie. It's not like he was my first either, so it honestly doesn't even matter.

Mariah gets a card that just says to take a shot. She seems happy to do that. I'm not sure what happened between her walking to the other room and back with Johnny, but she seems tense.

We play a few rounds, and my favorite card had to be when David had to serenade Charlie. That guy is hilarious. It's my turn again, and I get a card telling me to switch clothes with the person on my left. "As much as I'd love to see you in a dress," I start saying while looking at Bawdy, "I don't need you ripping this trying to put it on." I take a shot, really starting to feel the alcohol now.

Standing up and moving around while drinking is one thing, but sitting down makes it hit me so much harder.

Bawdy gets an easy one in terms of this game. He just has to say the alphabet backwards, and he's surprisingly good at it.

"Gotta be prepared for sobriety tests," he says and everyone laughs. I imagine him practicing out loud to himself while drinking.

Mariah, who barely looks like she can hold up her own head at this point, pulls out a card and reads it. "Kiss the person on your left or take a shot."

Johnny immediately looks up and raises an eyebrow. I also turn to look, my eyes beating into her. Bawdy just has to be sitting next to her. I'm sure by now that she can tell that he's with me.