Chapter 56

Some people dress as zombies for Halloween. Most people look and feel like a zombie without even trying the days after Halloween weekend.

I could tell that the life was sucked out of all of my friends and people on campus. The end of Halloween also means that we're entering November and only have about a month of school left before finals. Being hungover and starting the new month thinking about how I really need to get my shit together has not been fun.

I also picked up some extra shifts at work during the week, so I've been busy to say the least. It did not feel like I had enough time to finish everything that I needed to this week.

Bawdy played a show on Thursday and Friday night, and now he is playing tonight in Chicago. I didn't go to either of his shows, since I needed to get work done in advanced in order to go with him to Chicago and not be panicking the whole weekend about homework. It does suck that I have an exam on Monday, so this is going to be a super short trip.

We're taking his private jet to Chicago. I'd be lying if I wasn't wildly excited about this. Everyone else in his band is staying longer, so it's just us flying on this one plane. While he did suggest that I just skip class on Monday, he understands that I can't just miss an exam. Absolutely no makeups unless I'm dying in the hospital.

He could have just sent me back on a regular flight and stayed longer, but he said that he wouldn't even have as much fun without me. I'm sure he's exaggerating, because he's the type of person who can have fun in any situation, and he did before I came along. But the sentiment did make me feel special. He always knows how to make me feel like the most important person in the world.

I know that I'm no where close to that status, but I only care how I'm seen by him in his world.

Bawdy holds my hand and leads me up the steps to his jet. It's insane how huge it is. The seats look more comfortable than the furniture in my apartment. All of the seats are black leather with red stitching. I've never seen something like this before. Granted that I've never been in a private jet, but I can tell that he customized this perfectly for himself.

A flight attendant brings us some drinks and snacks for take off. He brought an attendant along just for us. I know he's rich, but this just feels so surreal. I'm in my cheap-ass matching sweat outfit eating caviar on crackers in a private jet.

Once it's safe for us to walk around, Bawdy starts digging through his suitcase. "Which outfit should I wear tonight?" He holds us a sheer black top and another black leather top with buckles. We're going to need to go straight to the venue once we land, since we're cutting it close on time. The time change definitely doesn't help. Or the fact that Bawdy was hungover in the morning and pushed back the flight as much as he could.

"Umm, I think I like the leather one," I reply. It looks a lot cooler than the other one. The sheer top looks like something I'd wear with a bra under it. Honestly, I think he could still pull it off. He looks good in anything.

And in nothing.

"Sounds good," he says and lays on the top of an empty chair. He digs in his bag and brings something over in his hand. "I saw this at the store, and thought you'd like it." He holds up a silver chained necklace with a heart on one end.

"Oooh, this is cool. It'll look good with my outfit tonight too," I say while examining it. "Thank you."

"Let me put it on you," he says, and I lift up my hair. It's not a normal clasp necklace. Instead, he feeds one end through the heart and pulls on it to tighten it. He pulls on the end that's hanging, and I feel it tighten around my neck. I wasn't expecting the sensation, and I gasp in response. A tingling sensation moves down from my neck to in between my legs.

He smirks and releases the chain. "Something we can both enjoy." A necklace with two purposes. I like the way that he thinks.

"I guess I should start getting ready soon," I say while unzipping one of my bags. It feels so weird to be up and walking around while flying. I'm so used to being crammed in between others in a middle seat.

Bawdy walks over behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "You could wait a little longer, right?"

His hands start to trail up and down my body, sending shivers throughout my spine. I rest my head backwards against his chest, enjoying the feeling of him exploring my body.

"It is a long flight," I say, turning around to face him.