Chapter 60

"Are you sure we can't fly out?" I desperately ask.

Bawdy has just hung up his phone call. "There's a huge thunderstorm, and they still won't let us leave until it clears, which might not be for hours." Fuck the midwest and its rain.

I start to pace around our hotel room, unsure of what to do. We were supposed to fly out in the middle of the night to get me back in time for my class and exam. Getting woken up from sleeping with Bawdy's dick was more than enough to energize me for the night. Since I slept all day, I planned to finish studying on the flight back.

But, apparently there will be no flight back in the near future.

"Are you sure you can't do anything?" I plead.

"I'm flattered that you think so highly of me, but, unfortunately, I can't control the weather."

I curse under my breath. I'm so fucked right now.

"Can't you just email your professor?" Bawdy asks.

"Not unless I have some life threatening illness. He's so strict about exams." And if I miss this one, I definitely won't be passing the class. And this class isn't offered in the spring, so I'd have to put off my graduation. And then my entire future is going to be put on pause, and I won't be able to get a job this summer.

Bawdy grabs my arm, trying to calm me. This was such a poor choice to fly here when I knew that I had an exam to get back for. "What do you want to be sick with?" Bawdy asks.

"Huh?" I reply with confusion.

Bawdy is already typing away on his phone. "I can get you a doctor's note." He says it like he's talking about getting me a glass of water. Super easy and typical. "Any certain disease you want or should I make it a surprise?"

"You can't be serious."

"It's really no big deal."

I know that this isn't the morally correct thing to do, but I really am stuck. It's not like I'm trying to get out of it for not being prepared. I would have questionably been prepared by only studying on the flight back, but I was still planning on taking it. As long as I didn't horribly fail it, then there would be hope that I would pass this class. However, I can't even get a chance at a make up without having a legitimate excuse.

It's not like I'm physically hurting anyone in the process. It's morally wrong in a different way, and right now I really don't give much of a shit for right and wrong. I just don't want to fail this class.

"And it'll look legit?" I ask still skeptical.

"Yeah, easily."

I agree, although I can feel the worry rising in my stomach to my throat. I trust Bawdy, but I just hope that this doesn't back fire.

It doesn't take long for him to get a note emailed over. I really wonder what doctor friends that he has who will do something like this in the middle of the night, but I don't question it too much.

My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. Bawdy brings me back to sit on the bed and wraps his arms around me. "It's completely out of your control. Try not to worry about it," he says. A lot easier said than done, but he is right.

He's one of the few people who can help to calm me down. We're not getting on a flight. I sent over the doctor's note, and there's nothing that I can do now.

I guess we're stuck in Chicago for another day. Hopefully we can fly out soon.

"Are you tired?" Bawdy asks.

I let out a sigh and look at the time. It's almost 3:00am. "Honestly, not really. I kind of fucked up my sleep schedule during the day." I quickly add on, "but if you're tired, then please go to sleep. I'll just watch something until I fall asleep." Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to calm myself enough to sleep until I hear back from my professor.