Chapter 45

"I did find two different study abroad opportunities that are in Amsterdam. I think this one sounds like what you're looking for the most," my advisor says while pointing to her computer screen.

I lean in and read the screen. January until the middle of April in Amsterdam. It sounds perfect.

"That one looks really nice," I say trying not to get too excited too fast.

"I do need to let you know that the deadline is next Friday, so it is cutting it a bit close. You don't need any letters of recommendation, but there are a few essay questions."

I don't even hesitate in replying, "I'll get them done." When I'm excited about something and motivated to work, I know that I can get it done. There's a slight bit of skepticism in my advisor's face, but she hides it quickly, because I'm sure she's not supposed to discourage students.

"I'll email you over the link after our meeting," she says while typing on her computer. "Now, I do see that you may not be on track for your GPA to keep your scholarship. There isn't a requirement for the study abroad, but I know that you are needing to keep it up higher. Is there anything that I can help you with in your classes?"

Yeah, it'd be great if she could do all of my work and take my exams. Unfortunately, that is not an option. "I should be good if I do well on my last set of midterms and finals," I say trying to give her a reassuring smile.

I've been through this conversation before, and I've pulled through. Although, I can't deny some of the senioritis that I'm feeling. It also helps that Bawdy said that he would pay for my schooling with no problem. On one hand, I really don't want to rely on him for that, since this is something just for me.

But on the other hand, it would be nice to not have to worry about it at all. At this point, I'm more motivated to have it as something to keep on my resume. Although, I'm not sure if having it listed for one more semester would really matter.

There's been a bit of back and forth in my head to put in effort or to just say fuck it.

I thank my advisor and head out. I still have a little bit of time before my next class, so I decide to start walking towards a cafe to grab a coffee beforehand. My phone buzzes, and I see a text from Bawdy.

Bawdy: Are you busy right now?

I'm surprised he is actually up before 2:00pm. I went over to his place again Monday night. More like in the middle of the night, because he didn't get home until late, and then we slept in and I missed my classes on Tuesday. Really doing great on this whole I need to keep my GPA up thing.

Gianna: Just walking to get a coffee.

Bawdy: I have coffee at the studio. Come meet me.

Gianna: When?

Bawdy: Five minutes ago if possible. Too bad you're not studying physics to learn how to time travel.

I giggle at my phone and weigh my options. There's a responsible option and then there's a fun option.

It's not like I have an exam, and Charlie could just send me the notes. This decision feels even worse since I just walked out of an advising meeting.

But I kind of don't give a shit. I could probably start to work on my application while he plays. Technically I'd be productive, just in a different way.

Gianna: Are you already there?

Bawdy: About to leave. I can pick you up.

Campus is not on the way to his studio at all, so I really do appreciate him going out of his way for me. I forget about my coffee, being fueled by my excitement to see him. The way I have a complete visceral reaction to him when he is not even here is such an interesting thing to experience.