Chapter 36

I have seen his rose tattoo. I've even told him how much I like that one. But he assured me that he has never tattooed another girl on his skin. It's something special between us. I don't think he would have lied about something like that.

I feel anxiety building inside of me. I don't need to freak out about this without talking to Bawdy first. That's how everything went to shit before when I started jumping to conclusions.

"Oh," is all that I reply. Really eloquent.

She laughs. "You just wait until he drops you and realizes that he wants me back. Funny how he just got a G and not your full name. Bet it's so he can tell other girls in the future that G stands for something else." With that, she turns on her heels and walks away, leaving me wildly confused.

I see Bawdy walking back towards the line. Although I'm almost at the front, I get out of line and march over to him.

"Got tired of waiting?" He says playfully. I grab his arm and pull him back into the hallway that leads to the bathroom, so I can actually hear and see him.

"Who's Rose?" I ask getting right to the point.

I can see him visibly get uncomfortable, and his entire demeanor changes. "Is she here? Did you talk to her?"

"Yeah, she told me all about how you got a special tattoo just for her. I poke his arm where I know the rose tattoo is although I can't even see it since he is wearing a long sleeve shirt and jacket, but I know his body well.

"Listen, she's fucking crazy. I'm sorry she even talked to you. Are you okay?"

"Well, is the tattoo for her?" I ask, getting impatient. When Bawdy hesitates to answer, I add, "Don't even think about lying to me."

He drags his fingers through his hair, looking stressed. "Alright, yeah, I guess I did sort of get the tattoo for her." He quickly adds, "We were in Vegas, and it was a really drunk decision. I wouldn't have done it if I was actually thinking straight."

Anger swells in my throat. "You seriously told me that I'm the only girl you've ever put on your skin and ever would." I don't care if I'm yelling at this point.

"Gianna," he says looking upset with himself. "I wasn't thinking straight. I wouldn't have done it if we weren't being dumb and drinking."

"But you're always fucking drinking!" I shout at him.

He looks a bit taken aback. I'm not wrong. He shouldn't be using that as a fucking excuse, especially when he knows (at least I hope he knows) how often he is drinking.

We're getting a few stares, and I realize that everyone is making their way back to their seats before the awards start.

"Come on," Bawdy says grabbing for my hand. I swat is away and cross my arms. "At least follow me. Let's not cause a scene."

Oh, he doesn't want to cause a scene? Must be because he is afraid of everyone knowing that he is a fucking liar. What if there are other girls who he has secretly gotten tattoos for?

I hear the announcer start on the stage. I guess there's no reason to disrupt the evening for others, so I follow him, refusing to take his hand. He leads me to the storage room that we were in before. I think about how last time I was choking on his dick in here. If he put it in my mouth right now, I'd bite it off.

This time, he props up a chair under the handle to prevent anyone from coming in. Before he can try to get himself out of this hole that he has dug, I continue getting my anger out. "I wouldn't even care if you got a tattoo for someone before, but there was no reason to make me feel so special."

"But you are special."

"And I bet that's the same shit that you spoon fed to that Rose bitch." I'm fuming at this point. This was a blatant lie. I can not stand being lied to.

"We've ran into each other at some parties. If I'm being honest, we hooked up before." My eyes widen with flames threatening to escape and burn down the entire building. "It wasn't even good. She just lied there spread out and did literally nothing."

I mean I didn't need to even know that, but it does give me an ounce of pride that he must consider our sex to be much better compared to that.

"So the sex was bad and then you decided to remember her forever with a tattoo?" The logic is just not there for me.

"You're realizing how stupid it sounds, right? Which is exactly why I didn't even bring it up. I barely remembered getting the tattoo, so I don't even think of her when I see it. Anyone can get a flower. I got G for you."

What Rose said about him getting G and not Gianna swarms into my head. "And, what? You got G and not my full name, so you can pretend that it doesn't stand for Gianna when you leave me?" I ask boldly.

"Baby girl, no, of course not." He looks hurt by the accusation. "I honestly just though the single letter looked cleaner, and then I was able to fit it nicely where I wanted to. I'll go get your full name right now if it'll make you happy."

With how upset and hurt he looks right now, I know that he would.

I sigh. "You don't have to do that."

"I swear we went to a tattoo place drunk as shit, and I couldn't decide what I wanted. She told me to get a rose 'for her.' It wasn't like with you how I went with the intention of marking you on me forever. It's not my fault her name is a common flower and design."

His explanation helps a bit, I guess.

"Do you forgive me?" He asks, looking visibly upset. I didn't know I could have this type of effect on a man like him.

"You do realize why I'm pissed off, right? You made it sound like I was so special."

"Because you are special. I mean it when I say that you're the only one who I want, Gianna." He takes a step towards me, and I don't back up. "Let me show you how much you matter to me."