Chapter 44

The kiss felt better than I even expected. With all of the build up to this moment, I knew it was going to feel great to see him. A whole seven days hasn't even passed, but it sucks being told you can't see someone when you really want to and when there are no physical barriers like being in a different state not allowing you to be together.

He kisses me harder. I find comfort in his soft lips, and I let myself melt into him, completely forgetting about any of my worries in the world. Time seems to stand still with him, and I never want this moment to end.

This right here. Being wrapped in his arms is exactly where I want and need to be.

At this point, I've learned to pick up on his body language, and I can tell that he has been awaiting this moment as much as I have. Wanting someone as much as they want you is one of the best feelings in the world.

Bawdy pulls away and meets my gaze. "I'm sorry about this week."

I slip next to him but stay snuggled up against his body. "It's not your fault," I reply, not breaking eye contact.

"We wouldn't have to deal with this if I lived a regular life. I know my life is a bit much at times."

"You deserve everything that you have. Sure, it's definitely a lot different from what I'm used to, but I'm learning to adapt. Your life is a whole lot more fun than mine," I say while resting my head against his shoulder. "Did you guys not have an after?" It's a Saturday night in LA. I know the parties are still going.

"I didn't want to go without you. Besides, having you put in a box and delivered to me like a present was a lot more fun of an idea."

And another party to add to the list that he has skipped out on because of me. It's crazy to think that he'd rather just sit in his apartment with me than go out and have fun. Any doubts that I've had about if this is real and if he really would give up being able to have any other girl are completely diminished at this point.

We catch each other up on our days. Bawdy stalls a bit when he talks about starting to arrange flight details to Amsterdam in January. I can tell that he doesn't really want to bring up the subject again around me. I've almost forgot about that hiccup we'll have to face.

"You know you really should come," he says after glazing over some of the details.

"Finishing out senior year still hasn't changed for me. I'd be there if I could."

"Don't they have study abroad or some shit?" He asks.

I guess I hadn't even thought of the possibility. "Maybe?" I say questionably. "I can try to look."

"Only if you want to," he adds.

"I do." I really do.

"Good," he says while smiling, "because I don't know how I'd be able to live away from you for so long. If not, we'll figure it out. Flights are a bit long, but it is just a flight away. I'll fly you out whenever I can and visit you when I'm free. We'll make it work, baby girl."

I don't want what I have with him to end. If I could barely handle a week away, months would be nearly impossible.

I've never experienced someone wanting me so much, matching my own energy and desires. I have to stop myself from screaming to him that I love him. I don't know if it's too early, but I don't want to be the one to say it first.

All I know is I don't think I could live without him.

I move myself to straddle him, rolling my hips as I lean down near his face. I bring my face closer to his. "I'll start looking into it next week." This is going to be something that I actually don't put off doing.

He puts his hands on my hips and grips onto me. "Good." He leans in and whispers against my ear. "As much as I missed talking to you, I also missed something else. By the way you are grinding against me. I think I can tell that someone missed me."

I didn't even realize that my hips had continued to move. There's no denying how much I want him. All of him. Being with him. Talking with him. Mentally. Physically. I want all of it.

"Maybe just a little," I say teasing him. The last thing that I see is him smirking before he crashes against my lips.