Chapter 41

"And what do I owe this pleasure, Chelsea?" He asks while crossing his arms.

"I wrote up a plan to deal with that image of you. But, I had to edit it after finding out about your little stunt yesterday." This must be his publicist. I wonder how she knows about what we did to Rose's house. Although, I guess it's a publicist's job to know everything about the lives of their clients.

Bawdy rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry to make things harder for you," he grumbles. "How about we talk in my office?"

She nods and stands up. Bawdy leans down and kisses my head before leading her to another room in his apartment. I notice Chelsea giving me a curious look that doesn't fully look positive, but I must be ready the situation wrong.

We've never met. Or maybe she knows that I helped Bawdy egg Rose's house, so she's skeptical of me. That must be it, and it's honestly understandable.

The job of a publicist sounds stressful, and I know that Bawdy isn't making her life any easier with all of his antics. With all the rumors (some of which are true) about him getting with girls, getting in fights, and doing drugs, she must honestly being doing a great job at damage control since so many people still love him.

Macy makes me a plate of food, and I eat in silence while scrolling through my phone and waiting for Bawdy. It didn't come up right away on any of my social media feeds, but I was able to find some stuff about Rose's house being egged.

There's not much yet, and nothing seems to link it to Bawdy. If she's as much of a skank as he describes her, I'm sure there are many people out there who think that she deserves it.

After a bit, I hear voices growing louder from the hallway. "You know I'm just here to do what's best for you. Have I ever steered you wrong before?" Chelsea asks.

Bawdy sighs, looking stressed. "No, you're the best in the business and everyone knows it."

Chelsea smiles and pauses as they approach the elevator. "I'll have all the upcoming events added to your itinerary."

Bawdy says goodbye, and Chelsea yells goodbye to Macy. She doesn't say bye to me even though I can see her from here, but it's not like we were even introduced to one another.

Bawdy sulks over to the table and plops down in a seat next to me. Almost instantly, Macy appears and hands a drink to him. I say that I'm good without one, since I assume I'll be leaving soon. I need to get some school shit done before tomorrow.

"Everything okay?" I ask, although I think I already know the answer.

He takes a long drink, almost finishing the entire cup at once. "Some good and some bad."

"What'd she say about the photo leak?"

"Surprisingly she doesn't think that's the biggest issue, which I was happy to hear at first. Let's be honest, I looked good. All that has really stirred up is more fans going crazy about me. Ticket sales actually went up in the last 24 hours."

I can definitely tell that something is bothering him from this meeting. "What's wrong then?"

He pauses and looks into my eyes, but I can tell that it's hard for him to hold my gaze. After a long pause, he says somberly, "She doesn't want me dating you."

"What?" I asked shocked trying to process what he just said. What the fuck did I do? "Why?" Out of all the things that he could have said, I was not expecting this.

Bawdy explains how the picture leaking honestly wasn't that bad of a thing to happen since he is typically known as a player and a sex symbol in the industry. A lot of his songs are about hooking up with girls and partying and everything that is the exact opposite of settling down with one girl. Apparently, I'm going to hurt his image, and she's not happy that he has been bringing only me along to events.

At this point with all of the different paparazzi photos, people can piece together that it appears that we're exclusive and that doesn't fit his vibe.

Doesn't fit his fucking vibe.

I questioned how she even has any say over his personal life like that, but apparently it's pretty common in the industry. He has never had a fake PR relationship, because he is only known for being single and crazy and fun and that's what everyone loves about him.

He is supposed to go along with some other girls who people know that he is friends with and has partied with before to some events this week and next week to hopefully kill the rumors about him being exclusively with me. Her hope is that people will just think that I was a phase or am just one of the many girls that he has.

I don't know much about the music industry, but this seems absurd. Invasive.

"She's allowed to tell you to do all this?" I ask after taking it all in.

Bawdy rests his elbows on the table. "Yeah, she can. I can't lie. She really has never steered me wrong and always cleans up my messes."

"But what do you want to do?"

"Obviously, I only want to be with you. I've told you that. I guess I just can't bring you out to events while I figure all this out."

"So you're going to do what she says?"

"I have to."

"But it's your own life. This has nothing to do with your music."

Bawdy looks frustrated, and I'm no better. "My music is my life and my life is my music. I know it sounds kind of absurd, but what I do personally reflects in my music also. Especially with Amsterdam and the Europe shows coming up, she doesn't need me to be looked at differently."

"So she wants us to never see each other again?"

"We just need to keep it on the down low I guess."

I don't need to be plastered across billboards, but I also don't need to be shoved and hidden in a closet. His publicist is acting like his mom and it's like we're teenagers. She works for him, so why the fuck should she have any say over how he lives his personal life.

"Is that what you want?" I ask hoping that his answer is no.

"Of course not, but I also can't fuck up everything that I've worked for. This is just one of the shitty parts of being famous. I understand if you want out of all of this."

"That's the exact opposite of what I want." I don't realize that I raised my voice. "You'd just let me leave that easily?" Did his publicist brainwash him?

"It would fucking break my heart, baby girl, but I don't want you to be a part of my fucked up life if you aren't ready. No wonder my image is me being a player. My life makes it impossible for me to actually be with someone. I'm so sorry I dragged you into this shit."

I reach for his hand and squeeze it. "We'll figure this out, okay?