fifty eight

I made my way back to the apartment quite quickly, taking all the short cuts so I could get back quicker (and I was less likely to be spotted by a viewer). I wiped my eyes a final time as I approached the apartment, breathing rather heavily as I walked up to the door. I stopped outside for a moment and composed myself, I didn't want to walk in like a blubbering mess just to see Mark completely normal. Then again, I just didn't want to go in and risk potentially seeing the love of my life hooking up with some side hoe. I closed my eyes and inhaled, before opening them, exhaling and placing my hand on the door, pushing it open.

It was no surprise to me that Matt was sat there, a warm drink in his hands and his eyes locked onto Mark.

"I regret it so much and I jus- Sean?" Mark stopped mid sentence and the pair turned to me, I attempted to reply but nothing came out, instead just a sad whimper. I looked at Matt who stood up from his seat and put his cup on the table,

"Look Sean," he began, however Mark stepped in before he could finish.

"I think you should leave us to talk Matt, please?" Matt looked between me and Mark before nodding and zipping his coat up,

"I'll see you soon." he mumbled, sliding past me and out the door. Once it was shut Mark slowly walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his body and holding me tightly. I reluctantly wrapped my arms around him and let the tears go, my eyes were already red from crying so it wasn't really going to make a difference.

We held each other, just like we did when Mark returned from the hospital, before finally pulling apart and glancing at each other. Neither of us said a word as I pulled my bag and jacket off, chucking them onto the floor and brushing past Mark and into the kitchen. The pad of his feet was heard behind me as I walked in, flicking the kettle on and sighing. We still said no words but Mark placed two mugs in front of me, signalling that he would also like a drink. He watched me carefully as I made us both hot drinks, handing him his and carrying mine back into the living room.

Mark followed behind me like a shadow and sat down next to me on the sofa, I crossed my legs and held my cup on my lap, turning to him with no expression.

"Can we talk about things?" His voice quiet, scared that if he spoke any louder he would scare me into walking out again. I nodded and took my bottom lip in between my teeth,

"I know this is the most overused phrase besides I love you, but I'm sorry Sean. I'm so sorry for everything, and I truly mean it." He finished talking and looked up at me, wiping his eyes as he waited on my response.

"I'm sorry too," I croaked, "this was so stupid. I love you so much and honestly, I feel like I've just lost the best relationship I've ever had." Mark's head shot up,

"Hey, hey, you've not lost anything. I'm still here, we're still, well, us."

"But are we?" I asked, putting my cup down. He copied my actions and scooted closer to me, taking hold of my hands and nodding.

"Yes angel, of course. We said some absolutely awful things to each other and I hate myself for what I said to you. I regret all of it. I'm sorry I didn't see what I was doing to you and I'm sorry things with Matt appeared the way they did angel, I'm just sorry." I let out a few tears before stating my apology.

"I take back what I said too, I know words aren't an easy thing to forget but I promise you that I didn't hook up with Daithi just then. In fact, he sent me back here and that was it. I've not hooked up with him at all and I'm not going to lie to you, i've spent so much time with him because you had no time for me. You left me out and forgot about me so he was there to cheer me up and make me feel better, but I didn't want him Marky, I wanted you. Just like I said when I was dealing with Klo, I want you, so much more than anything." he took in my words and stayed completely silent. I was scared for a moment that I'd said something wrong, but Mark reassured me by pressing his lips against mine.

He pulled away and wrapped his arms around me, pressing a kiss to my temple and whispering 'I love you' into my ear. I felt a warmth in my heart and I knew this was right, this was the relationship that made all other relationships invisible. This was the man I loved more than anything in the world and I wasn't going to let him go, ever.

"I love you too." I felt him squeeze me before releasing me and smiling,

"We're such a beautiful mess." He chuckled, I nodded,

"The best kind Marky, the best."

----------
I hope this makes up for the last chapter!

so many of you thought I was going to make mark cheat on sean with matt, no haha! the idea of somebody cheating on somebody is awful, and the feeling you have if you find out somebody actually has cheated on you is one of the worst so I wouldn't make sean walk in on that ^.^

also, daithi in the last chapter was being a supportive friend so no worries about him getting too close to sean haha

questions:
- do you think mark should have forgiven sean?
- do you think sean should have forgiven mark?
- did you expect matt to be there? but just there sitting?
- what do you think is going to happen next?
- do you think this is the last off matt+mark/daithi+sean problems?

I hope you guys are still enjoying this story! I've had some really lovely comments and messages from you guys that are incredible! it still blows my mind that people enjoy my work that much that they want to contact me about it or just take the time out to read it, so thank you guys!

also, thank you for 200k+ reads!! that is incredible, there are many septiplier fanfics out there and it makes me so happy to see that you guys are choosing this as one of your favorites!

QOTC (1): what presents have you asked for for christmas?

AOTC: mainly merch and stuff, im not too bothered this year

QOTC ( 2 ) : do you watch im a celeb? if so, who do you want to win?

AOTC: I'd love for Duncan or Tony to win because they're so lovely and they're genuinely up for any task, and Duncan/Tony vs Lady C has been my favorite thing.
but
I do think vicky has a chance of winning it and I like her so I'd be happy with her ^.^

sorry this authors note bit is so long omg

ps. 10 days until I hopefully meet sean!!