Chapter 16

My mouth dropped and I looked at Harry who looked at me and shrugged.

"Uh, Mike, why would you ask that question?" I asked already knowing the answer as the words left my lips.

"Well, I am getting a ton of phone calls about our company car being at this guy's house and people wanting to know about our services.  Most of them sound like young girls and it's a little disconcerting.  Mind telling me what's going on?  Does he have a helicopter?  Are we doing repairs on it?  I thought you were at the hotel?  I called and they said you had checked out."

"Uh, Mike, I'm staying at Harry's house.  I checked out this morning.  Harry is uh famous and has some dedicated fans.  They saw us drive in a couple days ago and they must have figured out from the logo about the business.  I am so sorry.  This isn't what I wanted to have happen."  I said apologetically.  I could only imagine how many calls they must be receiving.

"Well, we hired a temp to fend off the phone calls but I just wanted to let you know.  You aren't in any danger because of the fans are you?"

"No Mike, I am perfectly safe and nothing dangerous about it, I promise.  Okay, I can take the car back to the airport and rent a regular car, no logo.  That way it's not here.  I'm not sure what I can do about the phone calls but I'll think of something, okay?  I am so sorry, Mike,"

I looked over at Harry who was on his phone, texting away; I didn't have a clue what he was doing but he was texting like a man possessed.  It was obvious he had a purpose.

"Oh, and it looks like the supplier needs another person for golf.  So you and your friend, do you have someone else that could golf with you?"

I looked at Harry and he nodded.  He mouthed very clearly to me "YES, NIALL"

"Mike, yes – we will have someone.  Do you want me to call them or will you let them know?"

"I'll take care of it.  You take care of yourself and be careful Emily.  You really are safe, right?  This guy isn't going to put you in danger or anything, right?" he asked in his fatherly voice. 

"Yes Mike, I promise I'm fine and in no danger." I said as convincingly as I could, memories of what we had just endured still playing in the back of my head.

I hung up the phone and looked at Harry.  He had just finished typing whatever he was typing and hit send.

"What are you doing Harry? Letting Niall know about the golf game tomorrow?"

"No, I had to send out a Tweet.  Hopefully it will take care of things." He said as he walked over to me.

"Tweet?  Why was it with such ferocity?" I asked him.

"Well, I told them that I don't have a helicopter and don't have need for repairs - please stop calling the company asking about something that isn't happening.  All the extra work isn't nice to the company. Thanks x"

"You did that just now Harry?" I asked in amazement.

"Well, yeah.  How else do we get the girls to stop calling your office?  I don't want you getting in trouble with your boss, although if you lost your job, then you'd have to come and stay here with me.  Hmmm, maybe I need to delete that tweet" he smiled and winked at me.

"Oh no you don't mister.  You just got me out of hot water.  Thank you so much!"  I walked over to him and kissed him.  "You are just too wonderful for words and I don't know how I lucked out being here with you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up onto the counter.  He spread my legs apart and stood between them.

"You are here because you saved me, the least I could do was help out a damsel in distress.  I am an Emperor you know?"