Chapter 84

We landed in Los Angeles without having to stop in San Francisco which saddened me slightly as I wanted to stop and see my friends in the airport but understood an extra stop was something we really didn't need. I would get the vitamins to my friend another time.

Mark made certain the luggage was taken off the plane and put into the back of the Rover. When we walked off the plane I immediately noticed fans and cameras waiting for us. I looked at Harry and he just smiled and said "Welcome to your new life baby." He made sure once we stepped onto the tarmac he took my hand in his and we walked together side by side.

"You have your sunglasses with you, right?" he asked.

"I do now – all the time. Why?"

"Trust me they become your best friend. Again until we officially announce being together, just stare down and don't answer any questions, just like you've been doing, okay?" he asked.

"No problem, Harry. I'm ready."

We continued walking until we got to the car, all the fans screaming and crying for Harry and the paparazzi screaming for our attention.

"Harry, Harry does this mean you and Emily are still together? How was Vancouver? Emily what about Harry and his co-star hooking up? Emily did you take him back?"

We kept walking and got into the car my eyes diverted downward and ignoring the questions and screaming. Finally inside the solitude of the Rover I moved my glasses up over my hair and looked at Harry who was looking at me.

"You know there was nothing to that, just a photograph of us together and that's all?" he asked.

"I know babe, I trust you and recognized her when I saw the picture on Twitter." I said smiling.

"How did I end up with such a great girlfriend?" he said looking at me grinning. "I swear you really are amazing."

"Mm, well just remember that and we'll be just fine." I said teasingly at him. "I can't wait to get back to the house Harry. I have missed it down here. The temperature is warmer and I feel like I'm finally thawing."

"Yeah, Vancouver was massively colder than I was accustomed. It's a good thing we'll be heading to London soon. I need to make certain I still acclimate to cold weather again. By the way, mum is so excited about meeting you. Gemma said she is definitely going to be there and that you and she are going to be meeting up with her girlfriends for lunch" he informed me.

"Do you think she's going to like me, Harry? I am so nervous she is going to think I'm too old for you" I let slip. I turned and looked out the window.

"Babe, you're only a couple years older than me, it's not a big deal" he assured me.

"Harry, how old do you think I am?" I asked.

"Well, I'm 23 – you're 25, right? You don't look 25 but you keep saying you're older."

"Harry, I'm 27."

"No you're not" he said shaking his head. Looking at his face he honestly didn't believe me.

"Harry, yes I am. I just turned 27 in October. I'm four years older than you, nearly five. Oh God, your mum is going to hate me" I said biting my lower lip and looking out the window as we continued driving towards Harry's house.

"Em, it's not that big an age difference. Trust me, mum is not going to care about four years; especially when she knows and sees how much you mean to me. It's just a number baby. Look at me" he said holding my hand and pulling me closer to him. I slid closer to him and into his arms.