Chapter 68

This was too perfect to last for long I thought to myself as I never let the smile drift from my face.

I didn't want Harry concerned about my insecurities or premonition of impending doom. Maybe it would be alright. Change is good and while I really love my loft, I knew there were other views and the ones from Southern California could be amazing. It may not be the same one Harry had from his home but I knew of some choice spots that I would be able to afford. The salary increase I was receiving from D&G was significant. They were a much larger and global company with more resources, production and manufacturing capabilities as well as multiple offices all around the world. There would definitely be travelling which would actually be a good thing as the guys were getting ready to get back together to work on a new record and undoubtedly there would be a tour to follow. I wasn't certain what the time frame would be but I had heard him on the phone with Jeff numerous times and knew things were moving.

It dawned on me that Harry hadn't been seeing much of Jeff since we began seeing each other. I remembered him saying he had business to take care of on a couple of occasions and guessed that is where he had been. He'd also been on the phone a lot so that could have been the reason. Suddenly it became obvious that Harry had given up something significant for me. He'd spent so much time with me he hadn't been spending time with the guys unless he and Louis were working on songs or the couple times the guys came over for a party/karaoke night – he'd pretty much cut himself off from everyone. Now it was my turn to feel remorse and worse, selfishness. I might be making the obvious changes physically in moving and jobs but Harry was changing his life as well and I wasn't sure it was a good thing. He and I needed to have our friends; he realized it when he brought friends to his home twice for me.

As the sunset was nearly over and my glass was now empty I stared vacantly out the window and hugged Harry. He kissed the top of my head and said "What's up babe. You seem to be a million miles away."

"Harry, why hasn't Jeff been to the house? Why aren't you hanging out with him more especially as he's a friend and your manager? You and the guys haven't spent nearly as much time considering you're getting ready to start a new record." I asked him straight out.

He took our empty glasses and placed them on the night stand next to the bed. He turned and looked at me seriously.

"Baby, we are going to be spending a lot of time together in the next 3-4 months and then we'll be on the road touring. We have spent time together but are doing it slowly. As for Jeff we are trying to keep things professional while still maintaining our friendship" he said but there seemed to be something else in his tone that made me feel that he wasn't telling me everything.

"Harry, he isn't exactly thrilled you are with me just before you return from the break is he? He thinks it's bad for your image and the fact that I'm not a high profile actress or model makes it even less desirable if not worse, am I right?" I asked.

"No, that's not it. He actually thinks it's great that I'm with you and that you are a 'real person' versus the typical model or actress that the last management used to force upon the group but you're right, he has been questioning the amount of time we have been together. He said we haven't been out enough. I told him he could shove it up his ass; I wasn't going to start club hopping or going to places just because we needed to be seen. Besides you had just been to the ER room too and ...."

"And I made you miss your gala – oh my God Harry, I remember you telling me about it and how you wanted me to attend with you. You didn't go did you?" I said getting off the bed and started pacing around the bed. "Oh my God, you have been missing events, parties, meet and greets because of me. Everyone keeps telling you I'm giving everything up but you've been stalling your career because of me" I said upset and walking into the kitchen with my hands running through my hair nervously, a habit I picked up from Harry.