Chapter 24

I got into the car and down the driveway and out the gate.  There were fans outside and they were screaming as I waited for the gate to swing open for me to get out.  A couple of the girls I recognized as regulars outside that gate.  Don't you have lives I thought to myself as I waited for the gate to finish opening.

One girl leaned in towards my window. I was very happy the top was up on the Mustang.  She mouthed "Bitch" to me as I left.  I just turned and drove away.  Yeah, this was going to make life complicated while I'm down here.

As I got to the freeway from Sunset, I immediately got on the phone and called my supplier.

"Bob, this is Emily.  I am so sorry but I am stuck in traffic right now and am going to be a little later than I thought.  I hope it's not too late or an inconvenience for you."

"Not a problem, Emily.  There was a wreck about 30 minutes ago and we were just getting ready to call you to tell you about taking another exit so you don't get stuck in it even longer.  I'll put my secretary on the phone right now and she'll walk you through it.  See you when you get here.  This will just allow us to go and get dinner after the presentation."  I was put on hold waiting for his secretary.

Oh crap I thought to myself.  Harry isn't going to like this.  For my part, I wasn't particularly happy about it either.  Gemma was due to arrive tonight and I didn't want to not be there when she arrived.  Fuck!

The secretary came on the line and she told me which exit to take and I took note.  Luckily I was able to get there with little trouble and just about 15 minutes later than our scheduled appointment.

I walked into the company and signed in and was given my security/guest pass.  I had never been to the company but had spoken to Bob on the phone a few times.   He had been to our Portland facility a few times.  He was nice enough but there was always something about his conversations that made me uneasy.  Like an underlying theme was playing on his side of things.  I was always professional and kept things strictly business.  Nothing personal and never responded to his banter as it made me nervous and I've just liked to keep things professional. 

The ladies at my company loved it when Bob would show up.  He was considered a catch, no doubt.  Tall, sandy blonde hair, VP of his company, dressed impeccably and unfortunately he knew it.  I think that was the part of him I didn't like.   Bob knew he was a catch and thought everyone else should treat him that way.  I was one woman who didn't fawn over him and I think that piqued his interest.  Great!

I was escorted to a conference room where I saw a group of people sitting waiting for me.  There were 3 men and 2 women in the room.  I was introduced to everyone and Bob made a special point of walking up to me and shaking my hand, holding it just a bit too long.  I didn't like the feel of this handshake or his stare.  It made me very uneasy.  I pulled my hand but he then took his hand and placed it on the small of my back as he walked me to each of the people in the office.  Again, not feeling comfortable with this I stepped one step ahead of him to remove his hand.

I walked around by myself to each of the individuals and shook their hands until I reached my seat and immediately sat down.  I opened my briefcase and laptop.  I wanted to get this meeting over and done with and would figure a way out of dinner.  That was simply not going to happen.

I know we need this account but I wasn't going to be alone with this letch. 

The lights went down in the conference room and I began watching the presentation. 

HARRY'S POV

I got up out of bed and took a shower.  As I stood there in the shower I thought about the last couple of days and Emily.  She was different than other girls I'd spent time with.  She played hard to get at the beginning but I knew there was chemistry between us.  I knew it when I saw her at the airport in San Francisco.  She was so self-assured even though we threw her a curve ball by being there.  She is so confident when it comes to business but I could see she wasn't as self-confident in herself.  I wasn't sure why as she was the complete package.  She was funny, smart, well conversed and knew her mind.  She looked sexy as hell even though she wore clothes a bit too big for her.  It was like she didn't want anyone to see what was really there.  I kind of liked that about her.  She wasn't trying to flaunt her obvious curves and perfect body.