Chapter 60

HARRY'S POV

I was in the music room getting the jet set up for a couple days from now to bring Emily and I back to Los Angeles. I know she was hoping to spend more time up there and wanted to drive back down in her car but I needed to get back sooner rather than later in order to fly out to Vancouver. I only have a few days to try and convince her to come with me. The guys and Paul all seem to think I should go by myself and let her tend to her things here.

Maybe I was being a miserable jerk for wanting her with me, but I just don't want to be away from her. I know she'll be fine and I trust myself. It's just I sleep better with her, I feel better around her. Is that so terrible?

"Paul, yeah it's Harry. We are going to be flying back from Portland on 17th. Can you make certain the jet is ready by early morning the 17th?"

"Sure Harry but I thought Emily said you were going to stay up there a couple days. You two are leaving tomorrow that is just a little over a day and a half. Are you sure you don't want to give her some more time? You both could use the time up there." He urged me.

"Yeah, I'm sure Paul. She'll be able to arrange for movers and stuff from here before we leave and we can get her anything she needs when she is down here." I said.

"Harry, I'll have the jet ready but I still think you need to spend at least another day or two up there. Hell, you could leave for Vancouver, BC from Portland rather than flying back to LA and then back up. Save yourself the wear and tear, mate."

"I'll give it some thought Paul, but please have it ready, okay?" I said again anxiously.

"Yeah, mate – I'll have it ready on the 17th. Talk to you later." And he hung up.

I had to admit I was a little irritated by Paul's insistence on us staying longer in Portland. I want her out of Portland and in Los Angeles. The quicker we get out of there the quicker we could start our life together. I don't know why everyone thinks I'm mad. I huffed and called Glen.

"Hey Harry, long time no talk. What can I do for you? Did you discuss New York in December? I know Gina and I would love to see you two and you can stay at our penthouse." He said enthusiastically.

"Well, I actually want to take her to a special hotel but we are definitely going to be in New York. As for Christmas, we're going to be in London at my place and then drive to my hometown of Holmes Chapel. I can't wait for my mum to meet her. I almost flew her to Los Angeles but that was when Emily got sick." I said remembering how scared I was seeing her so weak. That emergency room visit still haunts me.

"Emily will love London. She's wanted to go there for as long as I've known her. That's going to be a great trip for her." Glen told me.

"Yeah, well part of this call is to see when you want her to begin the new job. I was thinking if she started after the New Year she'd have time to get healthier and get settled here in LA...." I started when Glen interrupted.

"Say no more; makes sense to me. I wasn't sure what date Em was going to ask for as a starting date. I was going to let her fill that our along with her salary requirement. I'm just getting ready to send the paperwork to her. I'll make sure I put the starting date as the second week in January. That way it's settled."

"That would be great man. I owe you. Hey, we need to get together here in LA and do some golfing. I know Em would love it and I always love getting out on the golf course."

"You got it man. Hey, I need to run to a meeting but thanks for the update. We'll see you two in a few weeks! Have a great trip to Portland. Wish I could see Michael's face when she turns in her notice. They have never appreciated her the way they should have, I'm glad she's finally coming to join me." Glen said very happy.