Chapter 67

We stopped at a local co-op on the way back to the loft so I could pick up some fresh produce and ingredients for making dinner along with some fresh flowers and candles that caught my attention. Harry was wandering about the co-op just looking at everything and watching the people in the store. No one recognized him, no one bothered him and I think he truly appreciated the anonymity. When I glanced up at him and caught his eye he grinned from ear to ear. It was then that a young man walked up to him. "Excuse me sir, may I help you find anything?"

"Oh no, but thank you, just saw my girlfriend over there. This is the first time I've been in here and I'm just looking at everything" he informed the young man.

"Alright, if you need anything please let me know." He said as he walked on to check on other patrons in the store.

Harry looked back at me and shrugged his shoulders and smiled. He was having fun.

I gathered everything and went to the checkout stand where Harry immediately joined me. I pushed him with my hip unexpectedly so he wasn't able to get to his wallet as he lost his balance and took a few steps to the right. I got my card out and slid the card in the machine completing the purchase.

"Hey, that isn't fair. You pushed me" he protested as he stabilized himself and stood next to me with his arm around me. I laughed as I handed him a couple bags.

"All is fair in love and war babe. You snooze, you lose" I said snickering.

"I'll remember that in the future, baby" he said as he grabbed the bags and we walked out of the store.

We reached the building and took the elevator up to my loft. I turned the lights on but dimmed them so it wouldn't be bright and definitely set the mood. Harry placed the bags on the kitchen counter and went to the stereo system I had played earlier.

"May I?" he asked.

"Of course babe, there are CD's over there if you want to pick something there or you can play Pandora. I think it's on Pandora right now but pick whatever you'd like" I said as I walked into the bedroom. I went to my closet and grabbed a comfortable blouse that was soft and flowy along with a pair a jeans. I hadn't packed them with me but they were my favorites as they really made my butt look good. Changed into my clothes I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of fuzzy, striped socks. I knew I'd be teased about them but they were comfortable and I could slide around the loft which was always fun.

I walked back into the living room where Harry had opened a bottle of wine and poured us each a glass. I noticed he had also seen the new candles and had set the up on the dining room table along with the dinnerware. I smiled as I saw how thoughtfully he had put things away and was trying to set the mood for us. He handed me a glass of wine while he looked me up and down.

"You look so comfortable and cozy, babe" he said as he pressed his wine glass to mine for a toast. "Here's to a new beginning, love. Amazing new and happy beginnings" he said as we took sips of the wine. "Come on, let's sit down and relax before we start dinner, alright?"

"Yeah, I'd like that." I replied as I sat down on the oversized sofa that was so comfortable. Harry sat next to me his thigh rubbing against mine. "This feels so good" I said as I placed my wine glass on a coaster on the coffee table in front of us. Harry did the same and took my hands in his making me face him.

"Em, I know this has been a really emotional day for you. If there is anything I can do to help you get through all this please let me know – I'm here for you and want to do whatever I can. I'm so proud of you and everything you did and said today." He said leaning into me and placing a kiss on my neck.