Chapter 35

Once we finally got out of bed and had showered we went downstairs where Gemma was sitting at the kitchen nook typing away on her laptop. She smiled as she saw the two of us walking into the kitchen holding hands.

"Good morning, you two. It looks like the 'talk' went well last night" she said grinning at us.

"Uh, yeah." I said as I felt my cheeks heat as the redness washed over them. No doubt she had heard us this morning.

"Well, I'm glad. You two are cute together and you push each other. It's nice to know you aren't going to just let him run roughshod over you." She said as she looked over at Harry.

He looked at her and stuck his tongue out at her. She stuck out her tongue back at him and they both started laughing.

"You guys are too funny." I said as I shook my head and walked over to the refrigerator. "Have you eaten anything yet, Gemma?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I've been up for a couple hours. I was working on my blog and trying to wrack my brain on who would be going to so much trouble trying to come between you guys." She said with a frown on her face.

"I don't understand why anyone would be going to this much trouble, Gem" I said. "Are you sure it isn't just the paparazzi trying to get a story and they figure I'm it? I mean I'm not anyone famous so they are trying to figure out if I have an angle or something?"

"It could be, but why would someone send me pictures specifically?" Harry said irritated. "Someone went to the trouble of sending me photos and links so I could see the stories being made up about you." He continued. "That is not typical papz."

"Well, maybe a fan is just ticked off because you are linked with me, Harry. Some of those girls last night were vicious. I understand they are very protective of you and devoted but geez. It's a good thing I have thick skin but man..." I said trailing off thinking of the remarks hurled at me.

That also reminded me that when I returned to the house late last night, there weren't any girls by the gate.

"Harry, that reminds me, why were there no girls at the gate last night when I came back?" I questioned.

"I had security go down and remove them. I wasn't in the mood to deal with them or the cameras, especially last night." He admitted.

"Wow, babe that surprises me. That isn't something I would expect from you. You're usually very calm about them being around." I said feeling a bit guilty he had done that.

"I told you, baby – I didn't have the patience to deal with it last night and I figured you had enough as well." He said walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I feel guilty, Harry. You normally wouldn't do that when it comes to fans..." I began but he stopped me.

"No, but I'm not going to let them hound you or us. Besides, Gem his here too and I just wanted some peace and calmness for a bit."

"But.."

"No but. Don't worry about it and I'm sure they'll be back today or later today. They don't usually give up for very long. Trust me." he said.

"Okay, Harry. I need to get dressed and meet my supplier at Port Via. I'm supposed to be there at 1:00 to meet them for lunch. Jeff was at the facility this morning with their Quality Department." I said as I turned around and kissed him on the cheek.

"Who all is going to be at Port Via?" Harry queried.

"I'm guessing Karen my Customer Rep, John from Quality and possibly Glen the owner. Of course, Jeff will be there as he's our Quality person." I answered.