Chapter 65

I looked at her blankly as I had no answer. I hadn't asked myself that question. Her point was valid. I had been the one to make all the changes so far, at least what I could easily put my fingers on at the moment. My job, my loft, my location, my life as I knew it; that was all changing while Harry's life was still relatively the same other than he was now hooked up with me and the media scrutiny. She stared back at me and knew I had no answer.

"Think about things before you sign away your life, Em. I know you love him. I can see that. But I can also see you've become frail. You look tan and other than suffering from malnutrition....

"Stop it, I'm not suffering my malnutrition, I've just lost a lot of weight with the stress...

"The stress – you just admitted it. The stress of being with him is causing all this. Emily I know you love him but there has to be some compromise. He needs to make some changes for you. Why do you have to do it all? That's all I'm asking. I'll stop nagging now so you can eat, but promise me you will at least give my words some thought, okay? That's all I'm asking of you." she said with growing concern.

"Alright Kim, alright – I promise I will think about what you've said. Now I'm going to go back and join my boyfriend at the table. It's good to see you." I said as I turned and walked over to Harry. He saw my face and stood up and met me halfway.

"Baby, what's the matter? Did she give you some bad news? You have a strange look on your face." He asked with a very troubled look on his face.

"Just tired babe – tired of being nagged – she was angry about my weight too. I swear to God I'm so tired of it." I said feeling very defeated at the moment.

"Baby, you were happy and excited when we got here. She obviously said something else besides nagging you about your weight. Tell me, we promised to be honest with each other, right? You look depressed, anxious and confused. What caused this?" he said as we walked to the table and sat down.

I looked at him and tried to smile but it just wouldn't appear on my face.

"Harry, we need to talk but not here. When we get my loft, please? I said quietly.

"Baby, are you sure you are okay" he asked again.

"Yeah but I guess I'm more tired than I realized, babe. Maybe the excitement of being back in Portland just caught up with me." I replied.

"I know there's something else going on baby. I wish you would just tell me, but I'm not going to push. We'll have our ice cream and get back to your loft. You should get some rest." He said placing his hand on mine. I felt the warmth of his hand and just wanted to feel him wrapped around me. I slid on the bench next to him.

"Hold me, Harry – please hold me." I said in a barely audible whisper.

"Oh baby, what is wrong?" he said wrapping his arms around me and putting me on his lap. I felt his lips on my hair as the warmth of his body enveloped me making me feel safe.

"Harry, she asked me a question that I don't think I've asked and don't even know if I have the right to ask you." I finally said to him.

"Here you go you two, three trays of ice cream. There are 15 flavors there. Let me know if there is anything else you need." Kim said as she placed the trays on the table. "Emily, what's wrong?" she said suddenly noticing how I was sitting on Harry.

"No offense Kim but what the hell did you say to her? She was perfectly happy and excited until she went back with you. I'd love to know what you said to her." He said with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Harry, it's alright, I'll explain everything." I started to say.

"I'll tell you what I asked her. I asked her what you were giving up for her. She's giving up her job, her loft, her city, her entire way of life to be with you. What have you given up for her? I know you're a rock star but she's a real person. She lives in the real world unlike you....why does she need to be the one..."