Chapter 63

I was sitting on the sofa when I heard the buzzer from the gate go off. I looked at the monitor and saw it was Paul. I opened the gate and saw him drive through. I looked at the stairs but still didn't see Harry coming down.

"Babe" I yelled as I went to the bottom of the stairs. "Paul is here. I just opened the gate for him, are you coming?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah – be right down." He said his voice sounding different.

Suddenly I heard him jogging down the stairs with a funny look in his eyes. He was happy but there was something different about his look. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

"Harry, are you sure you're alright? You have a funny look on your face" I said with some trepidation.

"I'm fine baby, I'm absolutely fabulous. Let's get on that plane. I have a club to get you initiated in, remember?" he smirked at me while he lifted me up and placed his hand on my stomach.

I kissed him and wriggled as it felt odd for him to touch my stomach the way he did. He was acting peculiar. "Alright, oh did you grab your toothbrush? You were in the bathroom using it when I was packing..." I began.

"Yes, I got it and threw it in the carry-on. Thanks love." He said as he kissed me especially tenderly.

"Harry, what has gotten into you?" I said obviously noticing something was going on.

"Nothing has gotten into me. I'm just ready to go on a trip, that's all." He said as he went to the front door and opened it. I saw Paul pulling in and grabbed my coat and laptop while throwing my phone in my purse and flung it over my shoulder.

"Babe, let me grab your laptop" Harry said reaching for it.

"I've got it babe, no worries." I said as I walked out and met Paul who took everything but my purse and placed it in the back of the Rover. Harry walked behind me, locking his door and throwing his bag into the back as well.

"So how are you today Miss Emily?" Paul asked me.

"I'm great, Paulie. Are you going to fly to Portland with us?" I asked him.

"Nah, unless Harry needs me" he looked at Harry who shook his head. "I am flying back here tonight and get things settled for Jerry so he can get ready for his new position. So when are you starting your new job Em?"

"Sometime after the first of January" I said as I slid into the back seat. "Makes the most sense since I'm going to be going to New York and London" I told him.

"How's it going Harry?" Paul said as he watched him slide into the seat next to me.

"I'm great Paul, I'm great." He said with a little grin on his face.

"Don't you look the cat who ate the proverbial canary? What's up with you lad?" he asked him.

"There is nothing up, I'm just happy. I'm gonna see my girl's home and spend a few days away from Los Angeles – it's all good Paul." He said with a wink.

"Whatever you say Harry; let's get you to the airport. I have a feeling there will be paparazzi and fans there. Twitter is all abuzz about your trip to Vancouver. Rumor has it you are leaving soon so they've had a crew standing guard for the last two days. Be prepared. Keep a close hand on Em; I don't want those crazy girls clawing her again. Jerry told me they got her at the golf shop. That is not going to happen on my watch." He said protectively.

"Paulie, I do love you – you big ol' softie!" I said wrapping my arms around him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Get back in your seat and don't you ever say that to me again in public. I am mean, I am vicious and I am not big 'ol softie!" he tried to say menacingly but failing miserably.