Chapter 83

The next morning I checked my phone and saw no missed calls, texts or DM's from Harry. My heart sunk. I knew he was busy working but I thought for certain he'd have at least said good morning. I sighed and got out of bed. It was 7am. I took my shower, got dressed and put my make up on and went out in the living room to see my sister running around the kitchen.

"Happy Thanksgiving Eva, what can I do to help?" I asked.

"Uh, you can cut up some veggies, make the salad and peel the potatoes? I've got stuffing and turkey cooking, the pies are cooling off" she said.

"No problem." And I began to work on dinner.

"What's the matter Em, you don't seem yourself this morning" she said.

"Nothing just thought I would have heard something from Harry this morning but nothing. I knew he was working late last night so he's probably sleeping. I just miss him" I told her.

"Don't worry, you've got us and you know the stories we tell will be great and you, Anthony and Albert will be laughing your asses off as usual" she said.

"You're right. I am looking forward to dinner. 2 o'clock mom and Steve are coming over right?"

"Yep, same as every year and every early dinner" she laughed. "At least we can have turkey sandwiches later tonight" she laughed.

"That always sounds good in theory but after diner we are all so stuffed it's not even funny" I said.

"Yeah but this year you need to eat; look at your legs – you are so skinny" she nagged at me.

"Stop it or I'm leaving right now and driving to LA." I warned her.

"Oh alright but you are too skinny" she said as she turned around to finish up with food on the stove.

It was now 11am and still no call or word from Harry. I guess he wasn't going to be able to make it since he was still working. I sighed and put the phone back down.

Five minutes later the phone rang and I ran to pick it up seeing it was FaceTime and I recognized the face.

"Emmy my love - Oi Oi! Happy Thanksgiving, love! How are things in Oregon?" I saw Louis' on the screen smiling at me.

"Louis! Thank you sweetie! How are you? You look great! How are things in sunny California?"

"Sunny, but lonely. We miss you Emmy. When are you and Hazza coming back? Where is the wanker?" he asked.

"Don't know Lou; he text me last night and was working late. I'm not sure he's going to be able to make it today. He may still be in Vancouver. I don't want to call or text for fear he's working" I admitted.

"Emmy, don't read anything into it. You know he'd be there if he could. He could still be on his way, you never know. But if he doesn't, just get your ass down here and spend the rest of the weekend with us. You know we'll have lots of fun. It'll teach the boy a lesson." He chuckled.

"I can't get a flight out tonight Lou. I drove my car down from Portland to get here. I was going to fly down with Harry on the private jet. I can't even imagine trying to get a commercial flight out of here this tonight." I said dejected.

"Oh Emmy, I can take care of that. I'll get a jet up there for you right now – say the word" he said with his eyes pleading at me. I noticed Niall and Liam in the background waving.

"Emmy! Emmy! Come on, get down here. Have dinner with your family and meet us tonight. We'll head out to the clubs and take your mind off Hazzaa. He'll call later and you we'll let him know you're down here" Liam said. Niall was giving me the thumbs up sign and nodding his head.