Chapter 71

We finally managed to get dressed, Harry in his black skinny jeans and brown boots with a blue t shirt. He looked so handsome. I loved seeing him in blue but then again I also loved wearing lapis blue. It seemed to dominate my wardrobe along with black, white and red. I decided on some dark blue straight legged jeans with a lapis blue blouse and my black strap booties. Harry looked me up and down and glanced at my shoes.

"Are you going to be able to walk around in those?" he questioned. "I mean I know we're driving to certain areas but a lot of walking, right?"

"Trust me, I love these boots and they are very comfortable. I have three pair of these boots." I chuckled. "Come on, babe let's go. I can't wait to walk around Portland." I said grinning from ear to ear. He just shook his head and smiled at me.

"I'll never understand why you women have to have 3 pairs of the same shoe" he said.

"When you find something that is that comfortable you tend to want to wear it over and over and especially if you like the style. If you get different colors it doesn't count." I said sticking my tongue out at him.

I grabbed my keys, purse, cell phone and sunglasses. "Come on baby, let's go."

"Right behind you Em." he answered.

"Can we take the stairs?" I asked him.

"Ten flights of stairs are you crazy?" he shrieked.

"It's all down – aw come on...you are in terrific shape, what's the harm?"

"Fine, let's go down the ten flights of stairs." He begrudgingly agreed.

We got to the stairwell and I started taking them quickly like I always do. I love walking up and down stairs quickly it's just something I had always done both going down and going up. Harry wasn't prepared for my speed in taking them and started lagging behind. "Hey, hang on their Speedy Gonzalez!" he yelled.

"Keep up the pace Styles!" I yelled back at him. I just kept hopping down the steps at my usual clip even in my boots. This was something I was used to doing. He finally began taking the steps two at a time and even at my rapid pace he caught up to me and once he caught me on the deck before the next flight of stairs he grabbed hold of my waist and pulled me to him wrapping me in his arms.

"Enough! You don't need the exercise. Let's take the stairs like adults and I promise we'll do yoga tonight alright?" he said against my lips. I couldn't think straight. Maybe I was out of practice but I felt lightheaded as soon as his lips pressed against mine. I gazed into his eyes and nodded. "Thank God!" he said as we opened the door out of the stairwell and went to the elevator. He kept his arm wrapped around my waist and wouldn't let go.

"Are you afraid I'm going to make a run for it, babe?" I asked him.

"No, I just like having you against me; it makes me feel good. Is it bothering you, am I being too clingy? I'll let you go if you..."

"No, no – I was just curious. I like it, it feels good" I said as I felt the elevator stop at the garage level. "You can hold on to me anytime" I said as we walked out of the elevator and into the garage. We walked to my car as I unlocked it and we got in.

"So, where are you taking me first" he asked?

"I thought we'd head up to the zoo and maybe down to the waterfront....then possibly hit Pioneer Square where we could just walk around. Then we definitely have to stop by Salt and Straw and see Kim. She'll have our pints for us. And she better have a better attitude along with them" I said in a defensive voice.

"Hey, she's your friend and she loves you and worries about you. All your friends worry about you it's what you get for being such a lovely person. Naturally people want to take care of you. You see how Paul is about you and that isn't on my behalf. I truly think he wants to adopt you as his daughter" he said laughing.