Chapter 94

Arrival at LaGuardia was crazy.  I had flown into this airport before but not as often as others.  I noticed security was on high alert and fans were already lined up against the windows and I could only imagine how difficult and tricky it would be trying to get out of the airport.  I just took a deep breath and was determined all would be fine.   Between Harry and especially Paul, they knew how to maneuver the gauntlet.  I was just making certain I kept pace with Harry and did not lag behind wherever it was we were headed.

Soon we were through the airport, cameras flashing everywhere we went although at a safe distance and fans screaming but kept back from taking any step towards either of us.  No selfies or autographs were being taken.  I was more than happy with this decision.

As we arrived towards the airport entrance more cameras, more reporters, more fans and another security guard who had the car ready for us.  We both got into the Rover once the door was open and Paul joined us. 

"That actually went smoother than I thought" Paul said as he looked at Harry and I both sitting in the back seats.  He and the other guard/driver were sitting in the front.  "Miss Em, this is Prescott – he is another bloke who works for me and looks after the guys.  Pres, this is Miss Em.  You make certain to keep her safe at all times."

"Nice to meet you Miss Em – I've heard a lot about you from Paul.  Rest assured, I'll keep you safe." He said smiling at me. 

"Thank you Prescott.  It's very nice to meet you."

"Harry, just a warning – the hotel is buzzing.  They know you and your girl are staying at 'The Towers' and the barricades have been set up.  There are over 150 fans there as well as the usual paparazzi.  Be forewarned it's going to be a madhouse and a lot of screaming and flashes going off when they get a gander at you two" Prescott advised him.

"Thanks, Pres.  Em, just try to relax and keep your sunglasses on and look down.  Don't be afraid to smile but just stick close to me..."

"No, Miss Em, keep close to me" Paul said.  "I'll be by your side.  Prescott is going to be with Harry" he corrected Harry throwing him a stern look.  Harry nodded his head.

"Sounds like there is quite the crowd, even with that quantity we've never had that much issue" Harry stated.

"This crowd is wound up, Harry.  Just stating the facts, man – you need to be prepared for what you are entering into at the hotel." He replied.

Harry glanced at me and held on to my hand.  I took in a deep breath and smiled at him as I let it out.  He could see the nervousness in my body language but was doing everything to let me know it would all be alright.  I nodded my head at him as the car slowed down and pulled into the front of the hotel.  I hadn't taken my eyes off of his and could hear the chaos outside but my heart continued to beat steadily as I stared at Harry.  He leaned in and kissed me tenderly and leaned into my ear.  "You are going to be alright baby.  Everything is going to be alright."

The door opened and Harry squeezed my hand before I began to step out of the Rover.  Paul had my hand and was trying to shield me from the fans and the flashes that were going off like gangbusters.  I could hear the shouts "Emily!  Emily!  How are you?  Are you really pregnant?  Emily do you love Harry?  Emily why don't you just leave Harry he's mine!  Emily I love your hair."  I grinned as some of the questions were just so out of left field.

Harry stepped out of the car and then the screams truly began and I could feel the energy of the crowd change.  The energy blew up and I could almost feel the surge. Paul helped me along by taking larger strides which I kept up with to get us into the hotel lobby as quickly as possible.