Chapter 36

After I showered and dressed for the meeting, I walked downstairs and saw Harry talking to Gemma in the kitchen. I walked quietly downstairs as not to disturb them.

"Gem, I don't get it. They aren't exactly being loyal to her but she's determined to do the right thing. Fuck! Why is this so fucking complicated?" he asked her with frustration in his voice.

"I don't know, H. I can't figure it out either. Answer me truthfully H. You really want to be with her, right? This isn't just a passing fancy? I saw you last night. I've never seen you like this."

I held my breath as I waited for Harry to answer. Gemma looked up and saw me walking quietly into the kitchen and stop.

"Emily, you look beautiful." She said.

"Thanks, Gemma. I didn't mean to interrupt you two. I just came to get Harry so we can get to the restaurant. I'll leave..."

"No, we're finished. Harry, we'll talk later, yeah?" she asked him.

He nodded, stood up and hugged her. "Yeah, we'll talk later Gem."

"Come on, baby. We have a reservation to make." He said as he grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek.

"See you later Gemma?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'll be here tonight." She smiled.

We walked out to the driveway and Harry motioned towards his Range Rover. I nodded.

Harry opened the door and helped me into the Rover. I smoothed down my blue print skirt. I had worn another outfit Harry had bought for me at YSL. The blue floral skirt, a silk lapis blouse and red pumps. The silver accessories completed the outfit. The skirt was shorter than I usually wore but it was still appropriate and in fashion for our destination.

Harry smiled at me as I buckled my seat belt. "You really are breathtaking, baby."

"Thank you, Harry. You are so handsome in that striped suit." I purred at him. "Thank you for coming to this meeting with me."

He leaned in and kissed me on the lips and closed the door. I watched him walk around the front of the Rover and get into the driver's seat. He was so handsome and he was with me, at least for now.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" he inquired. I could tell he saw the look in my eyes as I watched him.

"Honestly?"

"Yeah, honestly."

"How lucky I am to be here with you."

He grinned at me. "Say that again after the meeting. I'm going to have a difficult time not wringing someone's neck if anyone says anything about you."

"Harry!" I scolded him.

"What? I'm just being honest."

He started the car and we got to the gate. He entered the passcode and the gate opened. True to form, there were the same group of fans standing there waiting for him. They began screaming and yelling out his name. He stopped for the gate to close. I could see the one girl from last night who hurled the nasty comments to me. I turned to look at Harry through my sunglasses. I didn't want to see her face or hear any of the remarks she might make.

"Is she one that has been rude to you?" he asked me, sensing my tension at her presence.

"It doesn't matter, Harry. She isn't going to say or do anything while you're in the car. Let it go. I know they just want you to themselves." I answered.

He looked at her and frowned. She must have seen his look because she stepped back and didn't say a word.

He held my hand in his and we drove down the hill towards the restaurant.