Chapter 78

We woke up an hour later feeling refreshed. Harry printed out the NDA Jeff sent and I grabbed my glasses and red pen. I sat down at the kitchen table and started looking it over. Harry had obviously read it but was concerned I'd see something as he seemed very nervous.

As I read over it I saw a few little things that I wanted to have worded differently. I could see what Jeff was trying to do – always remain in control but I wasn't ready to concede anything. No mention of compensation other than for disclosure of confidential information by either side was listed. I noticed that my compensation level was higher than his should my business relationships or information be breached. This surprised me.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Uh yeah baby?"

"Why do you pay me more if you disclose information about me, us or business versus if I were to disclose information about you or our relationship?"

"Well, Jeff and I agreed that with your business contacts and such it made more sense that I'd be divulging more classified information than what you could release on me. That's the God's honest truth" he said looking at me wondering if I was going to be angry. I looked down at the numbers again and though about it for a bit.

"Okay, while agreed you could hear information that might be highly classified, I don't believe the numbers reflected here are comparable. Let's change them to this number. I think it's more reasonable and fair to both of us. In fact, I think the number he has listed for my divulging information on us is too low. The numbers need to be more proportional. I marked through them and put in my numbers. Harry looked at them and his eyes got big.

"Are you serious? You really want to change them to those numbers?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes, why do you have a problem with them?" I asked.

"No, but I know Jeff is gonna shit himself when he sees this" he smiled.

"Why are you smiling Harry?" seeing it made him very happy to think of surprising Jeff made me happy.

"Let's get him on the phone. Here, scan the document and send it to him. Then get him on Skype. We'll hammer this out now and get this thing signed." I told him.

"You've got it love. Uh, is your laptop hooked to the scanner; do I need to hook up to it?" he asked.

"Here, mine is all set up." I got up and grabbed the laptop and turned on the scanner. Putting the paperwork in and waiting for it to be spit out we both smiled. "This is going to be fun having the phone call Em. You have no idea and you'll get to see Jeff's face."

"Oh crap, I need some makeup" I said as I went to get up. "No Em, you don't. You look positively glowing. You are breathtakingly beautiful after the nap and I really love seeing you like this."

"Alright for you babe, but this is not the first impression I wanted to make to your friend Jeff. I wanted to look glamorous and put together."

"You are perfect to me." he said kissing me.

"Okay, document is scanned and I am emailing it to you right now. You email it to Jeff. Then we'll give him 10 minutes to contemplate the changes and make the call, deal?"

"You got it babe." He typed the email with the attachment and sent it to Jeff. Not 5 minutes later Harry's cellphone rang. He picked it up and said "Skype me – we're ready for you" and hung up.

"Damn Styles, you can be hardcore badass if you want to, can't you?" I said.

"It's business baby, have to be."